How's everyone's summer shooting?

Ryan

AH elite
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,912
Reaction score
4,087
Location
Anchorage, Alaska
Media
156
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Member of
Black Sheep Bowmen Archery Club.
Hunted
Namibia and South Africa
While keeping up my skills on my local outdoor range, figured I'd get a thread going.
20200707_164540.jpeg
 
Our 3D shoots have been shut down and my local indoor club just recently opened back up to members only ....I am just ready to get back into the wilds and shoot a real duck goose rabbit ,,,what ever ?
Glen
 
Our 3D shoots have been shut down and my local indoor club just recently opened back up to members only ....I am just ready to get back into the wilds and shoot a real duck goose rabbit ,,,what ever ?
Glen
Well, this is getting me into the woods and I was just curious who else was going out on their own to keep sharp.
Incidentally I saw a hare and a grouse with her brood of seven few week olds too on the trail. I've seen the biggest moose of my life on this range. All very safe in the Municipality of Anchorage.
 
Shooting 3-4 days a week with BH's only. Shooting 15-45 yds.
 
I was shooting 4 days a week in April and May. My son and I both arrowed turkeys.
June has been minimal shooting, my bow felt strange when I shot last night. Just over 2 months to archery season so I’ll get back to practicing regularly.

I want to put a second peep on my bow for long range practice. Have any of you done that?
 
I was shooting 4 days a week in April and May. My son and I both arrowed turkeys.
June has been minimal shooting, my bow felt strange when I shot last night. Just over 2 months to archery season so I’ll get back to practicing regularly.

I want to put a second peep on my bow for long range practice. Have any of you done that?
I have honestly never heard of doing that. I can can shoot to 70 but could go farther within my sight. I'll ask a friend who launches them to 100+ yards what he does.
 
Shooting a fair amount out to 70 and just set up a 80 3d to put my form to the test. Have a sheep permit this year so I need to be in top form!
 
I can shoot out to about 86 yards by lining up the underside of my sight on the target. Surprisingly it works. And the slightest shooting flaw is amplified and easy to read (through the spotting scope). I’ve no interest to hunt at that distance, just practice. The heavy arrows still bury themselves in the target at that distance.
 
Shooting at COVID-19 viruses in the basement of my apartment, just to keep up with my bow weight; while dreaming, and planning for Africa once this COVID-19 is out of the way. I do not have the luxury [can't see the spot very well that far], not the inclination of shooting at games 70-80 yards away; I keep it human at the more mundane 30-40 yards, beyond that with my LB, I have to correct for drop by going above the target, not a good recipe for dead on target.
 
Last edited:
Was dialed in with 525 gr. arrows for upcoming trip. Delta Airlines changed my plans!

Now resighting bow with 425 gr. arrows for Whitetails. As Rosanna Rosanna Danna used to say, "It's always something !"
 
Finally got out and shot 3D yesterday at Galt rod and Gun .....115 first 20 and 116 second 20 ...rather disappointing as my usual score is 290 to 300 ...it is what it is ...always practice practice and more practice !
Glen
 
12032.jpeg
12022.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,401
Messages
1,575,077
Members
170,221
Latest member
WoodrowCof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top