How often is the Black Mamba encountered?

I am very happy that we don't have any mambas in the Eastern Cape. In 15 years hunting, I encountered the first snake last year. Beautiful Puff adder specimen. I would have had him mounted if he did not have so many holes in him.
I'm seriously contemplating having my tracker carry my shotgun on hunts for the snakes.
 
Marius, glad to hear there is few snakes in your area, i certainly got my fill in the DRC, back in the frozen north now and no worries of snakes! As for the tracker/shotgun combo, i think it is a great idea, especially during my trip! lol!
 
Marius, glad to hear there is few snakes in your area, i certainly got my fill in the DRC, back in the frozen north now and no worries of snakes! As for the tracker/shotgun combo, i think it is a great idea, especially during my trip! lol!

Rod, I think you might just have jinx'd us...:D
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,570,828
Members
169,026
Latest member
CelsaBryso
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top