How many hunt with traditional archery gear?

His name is Liang Vermeulen from the western Cape and his price is negotiable depending on the availability of the correct horns

13405185_10209691292343183_811821182_o.jpg

Umm.... WOW!!! Please send me a link to contact him. I will down an Orxy just for the horns for this bow. That is the coolest long bow I have ever seen.

love my Hoyt Buffalo recurve!

Umm.... WOW!!! Please send me a link to contact him. I will down an Orxy just for the horns for this bow. That is the coolest long bow I have ever seen.
can you pm me a contact e-mail please?

well, its more of a 'primitive' bow than a real traditional bow.
I have used it for only one season , [lots of practice shots] and so far so good...
I'ts got the capability to kill fairly large game , but for now I want to use it at close range only [10-15m]
[The bow had more potential than me at that time--70 pd!--lol]

1.jpg

That bow is truly amazing, but I need more practice before I get one of those!

Is it easy to string/unstring?

I've been in love with that bow as well ever since I first saw it. There is a brief mention of that style of bow in the Traditional Bowyer's Bible:

4esISv9.png

Attachments

• 4esISv9.png
    4esISv9.png
    235.1 KB · Views: 188
Studio_20170324_215748.jpg

I've been in love with that bow as well ever since I first saw it. There is a brief mention of that style of bow in the Traditional Bowyer's Bible:

4esISv9.png

That really is an interesting piece. I'd like to have one just for show and to talk about even if I didn't shoot it!

Agreed. I don't even care if they suck, I'd rather suck shooting that then succeed with a pile of cams in my hands! (Not saying they do suck of course) It's just a beautiful bow for channeling your inner cave man.

After seeing a thread that was from awhile back getting pulled up regarding questions about hunting with a recurve, how many have or do hunt with recurve or longbows?
I've been blessed to make the trip over 3 times and have taken all my animals with my longbow. I know most bowhunting that is done now is with compounds, but know a few folks who have hunted with only trad gear.

I've made all 9 of my African hunts with a recurve. After starting with a recurve in the early 70s, I switched to a compound for a few years in the 80s. Went back to the recurve in 89 and have been hunting with them ever since and enjoying every minute of it.

I've hunted with the compound bow but only do walk and stalk. I think from a blind it doesn't really matter what your gear is,eventually you'll shoot something - if you don't die of boredom first.

My future hunts will involve walk and stalk hunts with traditional muzzle-loading flintlock rifle and a recurve bow. I can't think of anything more rewarding. Stalking is fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeeperscj

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa