How many .375 H&H's and/or .416's do you own and shoot?

Open up a "gofundme" account, and I'll pitch in a few bucks!

I have a Winchester M70 Safari Express in 375 H&H, a CZ 550 in 375 H&H and a third 375 H&H, which is also a Winchester M70. The action from that rifle will be used in a 416 Remington build. And I also have a CZ 550 that has been re-barreled to 404 Jeffery. Some might say this indicates some type of problem, I just say it gives me options.

One 375 Whitworth Mauser
One 375 Model 70 Alaskan
One 416 Model 70 Safari Express

Also have one Brno ZKK 602 in 458

Had a CZ 550 in 416 Rigby but sold it for a reason that escapes me at present.

2 .375 H&H M-70 client rifles
1 .416 Rigby pre war Rigby

Changes coming soon, stay tuned in.

Lon

1 CZ 550 in 375, 0 416s.

I had an Interarms Mark X in 375 for a hot minute, then I sold it to @TX_GreatPlains. I'm pretty sure it was in his safe for even less time than it was in mine. I'm afraid we both have the dreaded trading disease. :LOL:

I'm still keeping an eye out for a 458 WM or Lott, but I'm in no hurry there.

.375 Custom Mauser FN action 1 Buffalo and numerous PG
.375 Blaser S2 1 Buffalo and numerous PG
.375 Blaser R8 2 Buffalo and numerous PG

500/416 Blaser S2 Paper. Can't do anything that the .375 can't do just as well or better buffalo and below.
.404 Custom Mauser Paper. Can't do anything that the .375 can't do just as well or better buffalo and below.
.470 English double Paper Can't do anything that the .375 can't do just as well or better buffalo and below.

I hate to ask but thought this crowd would have a logical answer to why someone needs more than a couple. I have a herd and it is growing.... Tell me....
I buy what I need.
So, I have one 375 HH.
Have no need for something bigger in my present inventory.

Repetitive hunts on DG might bring a person in need of more of the big guns.
Those are also expensive hunts, so, in general, I think that DG market and DG gun owner market is shrinking. So, owning one DG rifle, is already above average.

I know personally from my circle of acquittances, only one person that owns one 375 HH. I am the second person.

I am planning to hunt DG, but I dont think it will be more then few in my wildest dreams. Possibly two.
Many will not buy a gun just for one or two animals in a lifetime.

Last edited:
1.Holland .375
2. Pre 64 .375
3. Musgrave .375 ( ph rifle and my go to rifle)
4. Custom built .375 Truvelo (client gun) heavy barrel and stock this very shootable with reduced recoil.

Also have 4 x .375 Mannlicher rifles (9.5x 57)
.416 Taylor at gunsmith
458 Lott and 4x 404 J’s
2x 505 Gibbs one built on a Heym ultra magnum action the other is original Gibbs one of 23 still known to exist.

Considering I'm not going on safari I have more than I'll ever need. But I like the fun of shooting the biguns so I have more of them than I need. As I tell my wife "At least I didn't spend the money on drug right????"

I don't have a DG or big bore rifle yet.. But I'd LOVE to see some pictures of some of the rifles you guy's have!

6 x .375 H&H (all Pre64's) - I hunt w/ a Postwar Super Grade
2 x 458WM (1 Pre64, 1 Post-64 CRF)
1 x 470NE
1 x 500NE

Sold a pair of BRNO 602's with the hide-away peep sights (.375 and .458WM) a few months ago, as well as a Pre64 Transition M70 .375.

If anyone knows of a clean Pre-War M70 in .375 I'm looking ....

“Logical” and “Needs” have no place when discussing gun purchases. You need to go somewhere else with that kind of negativity. Lol.
:E Laugh:

I hate to ask but thought this crowd would have a logical answer to why someone needs more than a couple. I have a herd and it is growing.... Tell me....
I have one 375 fiberglass stock stainless for hunting in Africa to Alaska

I have one beautiful Cooper 54 in 416 Rem Mag. Beautiful wood stock traditional African safari rifle.

My lion and elephant hunting days are over so my 416 is pretty much like a beautiful piece of furniture to decorate your gun safe.

1 375HH Win 70
1 416 Rigby CZ550
1 375Ruger FTW hunter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PHPKenneth

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles