How long to confirm receipt of wired deposit?

channelkat

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Mozambique
I guess I’m just curious more than anything because it’s probably too late to do anything if something got hosed up anyway, but I’m wondering how long does it usually take to receive confirmation from your taxidermist (for dip/pack, leather and some birds) that they received a wire transfer?

On my side it shows I had a wire out the 30th of September. I notified them that it was coming and asked for confirmation. Couple days later I asked again for a confirmation, but was told I would get one by Friday.

Now it’s late Monday in RSA, and so I’m still left wondering what’s so hard about just telling me that you got the money? I feel like I must be missing some piece, because so far they’ve been nothing but professional and helpful. Again, not a complaint just curious and I thought I’d ask you veterans

Last edited:
When I’ve had questions like that the easiest way to get an answer is a phone call. Unless there’s something you’re not telling us it’s 99% likely everything is fine.

When a wire goes, the funds move almost immediately, at least to the bank’s headquarters. Small branches in rural Africa sometimes take a while to get notified.

An RSA wire likely went through an intermediary bank. That typically means two days.

I’ve found that the Alfred E. Neuman approach makes for a much simpler, happier life. :cool:

been trying not to sweat it, kept thinking I’ll hear back from them tomorrow, then certainly tomorrow, or Monday... but at some point I guess I need to start calling around to do my part. I just don’t know what is reasonable. Don’t know if it typically takes a reputable company 2 weeks or if I should have been on the phone 3 days ago. This is my first time, but I don’t expect it to be the last.

In Zambia, I sent Takeri a wire and he had it in two days. I sent the Taxidermist a wire and it took two weeks. Different banks.

When I was in RSA the Taxidermist had it in a two days and same with the freight forwarder.

I am about to send funds Tanzania and I noticed the wiring instructions also had an intermediate SWIFT code just like the bank the Zambian taxidermist used.

I am not an banker, but it appears to me if there is an intermediate SWIFT code its going to take a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannaBrau

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]