How far out do you book your Hunts?

Most of my clients book between 12 -18 months in advance.If you have the cash on hand it is always good to wait for year end specials,they will be available every year.

Amazing that all you people that say "good looking" or ugly as a wildebeest don't have any pictures up on their posts. Me included! I'd rather keep people guessing!!!!!
Yeah me too ,,I dont want the men to be Jealous and the women members to clog up my e-mail with Marriage proposals;)

At DSC 2013 I booked a red stag hunt in NZ for April 2014(He had no 2013 availability.) I also booked a Sable/PG hunt for Sept 2015. Some people will take the bookings. I got my daily rate locked in, but trophy fees are subject to change as always.

Right now I am really wishing I had not booked, and I could jump on that leopard special.

I am a planner, and so life sucks when there is no hunt to look forward to, even if I knew I was just waiting for the right deal to pop up.

I think for '16 I may just wait until june/july of '16 and hope, hope, hope something I want with an outfitter I want to hunt with opens up. Of course you have to be quick, because many times the best deals are gone within days, if not hours.

What is that s--t but I know safari classics that do the booking for Chifuti will go 3 years out talked too them last week

In two days, I'll be on my way for my first safari. I made the decision at the end of January at SCI. However, I had unbelievable difficulty in booking the flights. Part of the reason for the difficulty was some quirks in United's reservation system. However, I finally got reservations at the end of February. In order to put the trip together, I ended up flying through London Heathrow and I have a 15 hour layover there on the outbound segment (groan). Other airlines may have better availability, but my combination of United and SAA was crazy busy. I fly a lot and I have never encountered this kind of problem anywhere else in the world. I suspect that Alaska during the peak tourist season (June - August) would be similar.

I ended up using frequent flyer miles for the trip. Normally, that can make it harder to find flights. However, in this case, it made absolutely no difference. I only decided to use miles after we had found an itinerary that would work.

The lesson that I learned from this is that to have the best options for flights to Africa, you should make your flight arrangements as soon as you possibly can after booking the hunt. Airlines will allow reservations to be made 1 year prior to travel. If you are booking a cancellation hunt, be sure that you can actually get there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthaMcCl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.