www.huntsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, USA, Canada
We are offering the following package as a stand alone package for a Hippo Bull. This is if you have already taken Cape Buffalo, or not interested in the Hippo/Buffalo Package we are currently offering. This is truly a great area for free roaming Hippo.

Outfitter: Marius Goosen T/A KMG Hunting Safaris
Outfitter number: HC 04/2013 EC
PH Number: PH 16/2013 EC
Area : Limpopo

The offer includes the following:
8 Nights with 7 Full hunting Days for 1 hunter, including the following trophy animals:

1x Hippo Bull $5200

Day Fees: $2800

Total: $8000

The following are included in your Safari:
All accommodation, food and beverages for the duration of the Safari
Services of a licensed professional hunter, tracker and ground staff
Transport to and from the airport as well as all ground transport for the duration of the Safari
Field preparation of trophies and forwarding them to a taxidermist or shipping agent of your choice.
14% Government Tax on day rates.
Hunting License.

The following are excluded in your Safari:
Dipping, packaging or any processing of trophies
Shipping charges for your trophies to your own country.
All flights
Accommodation before and after your safari dates.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
is this a land or water hunt?

-matt

is this a land or water hunt?

-matt

Matt, it is pretty much impossible to say. The area has very thick reeds next to the river, which, should the right bull be in one of the few gaps at the right time, the shot will be taken. It is a lot of area to cover.
There are also a few small waterholes/ponds where they like to lie or stand in, which might yield an opportunity.
They come out to feed in the reeds, and the chance might be at night, it might very well be catching them on the way back to the water in the morning. It's simply about finding the right bull at the right time, which is impossible to predict.
The number of Hippo in the area however, is staggering.

Which river will you be hunting? I just got back from Limpopo Region, and hunted the Elephant river. LOTS of hippo and hippo track! I would recommend this hunt for anyone wanting or looking into it as the area has huge hippo! Our guy working the salt shed is afraid of a hippo whom has made a home in a pond next to the shed so he always has the gate closed and locked. We laughed about that a lot while there. I would be all over this if I hadn't just returned. Good luck to who ever grabs this offer as I seen more hippo than almost anything else over in that region.

Any particular time for the hunt?

Bert, are you speaking in a sense of whether this hunt is for 2016 or later or do you mean time of the year? If it's for time of the year, any time that I am available.

Which river will you be hunting? I just got back from Limpopo Region, and hunted the Elephant river. LOTS of hippo and hippo track!

Thanks for your question. Panielson, this will be from the Crocodile river region, and you are correct. The entire area holds huge numbers of Hippo.

Can you take a bow hunter?

@IL bowhunter ,
First of all, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, hunting any thick skinned animal by bow is currently illegal in South Africa. This will include Hippo, Rhino and Elephant.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RegenaBles

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.