High capacity lever gun?

There are a few companies that do an extended mag for the BLR not sure if you have them in the states. Have a web search. This is one in the uk.

Attachments

So there's a dog and a wife in the cab with you? You're gonna need earmuffs for everyone involved. Muzzleblasts inside vehicles are not friendly to the ears and pets tend to flip out due to their sensitive hearing. I don't think the noise is the issue so much as reliably getting the round chambered in a hurry.

SBRs are out. There's too much transport paperwork with the ATF and some states may not be SBR friendly. Plus they are loud...when fired inside. Have you thought about a pistol caliber carbine or one of these lever guns? The nice thing about them is that if you don't go over ten rounds you're not running afoul of certain libtardian fiefdom rules. Shotguns are also highly effective at warding off bad people.

M1 carbine with 110 gr soft points is a proven recipe for winning gunfights according to the late Jim Cirillo. It was very good at killing liquor store hold up men. Get a folding stock for the vehicle and some 15 round magazines. Of course you're still screwed in the libtardian fiefdoms. Can't have anything that scares the sheep.

Why not one of those short 12 gauge firearms? You could get off five or six shots rapidly with devastating effect.

Thinking about getting 2 of the same, one for the truck one for the bedroom. But on occasion I do have the wife and dog. After a couple days about ready to use the gun pointed in the wrong direction. Lol

So there's a dog and a wife in the cab with you? You're gonna need earmuffs for everyone involved. Muzzleblasts inside vehicles are not friendly to the ears and pets tend to flip out due to their sensitive hearing. I don't think the noise is the issue so much as reliably getting the round chambered in a hurry.

SBRs are out. There's too much transport paperwork with the ATF and some states may not be SBR friendly. Plus they are loud...when fired inside. Have you thought about a pistol caliber carbine or one of these lever guns? The nice thing about them is that if you don't go over ten rounds you're not running afoul of certain libtardian fiefdom rules. Shotguns are also highly effective at warding off bad people.

M1 carbine with 110 gr soft points is a proven recipe for winning gunfights according to the late Jim Cirillo. It was very good at killing liquor store hold up men. Get a folding stock for the vehicle and some 15 round magazines. Of course you're still screwed in the libtardian fiefdoms. Can't have anything that scares the sheep.

Why not one of those short 12 gauge firearms? You could get off five or six shots rapidly with devastating effect.

Don’t visit the lib states very often. They don’t care much for big livestock trucks that blow black.

@Forrest Halley - I was thinking more about staying in-state, but I get your point if one is traveling a bunch. I agree that a pistol caliber carbine (PCC) would be a really good option. If it was a 9mm, subsonic ammo could be used to minimize the noise. SIG MPX (pricey but really good) or CZ Scorpion (budget friendly but still good) would fit the bill nicely.

I will end with a quote from Clint Smith. "The handgun would not be my choice of weapon if I knew I was going to a fight. ...I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic bomb instead." He also said the purpose of a handgun is to fight your way to the rifle you should have had in the first place.
The more I think about it the more it turns into a dicey situation. SBRs take forever to be approved and he could technically just have a pistol with a brace, but the magazine capacity gets sketchy fast and same with the PCC. Even the tiny shotguns aren't welcome in the odd places.

A Marlin 336 in .30-30 might be the ticket as it is fairly powerful and speedy while being innocuous to the average person. Or a Marlin 94 in .44 magnum would be powerful against persons and vehicles. Both give the hunting rifle vibe.

At the end of the day, when the feces meets the fan blades, there's going to be a mess of 'splainin' to 'splain. In order to do this one must be alive. Maybe what is needed is that which cannot be commonly observed. Draco "pistol" carried HDEC with whatever magazine length is most convenient for the truck. That or a shotgun that holds five shells, but you better have a plan to reload it and wear a glove on one hand because of the heat or have a heat shield mounted. Ruger PC Charger would also be a great little stowable with Glock 33, 22, or 17 round magazines or a Magpul drum.

Don’t visit the lib states very often. They don’t care much for big livestock trucks that blow black.
So then establish diplomacy through superior firepower. 9mm is a lot less boom in the cab then a 5.56 or 7.62...but nothing says go away like a 12 gauge.

Here you go. 12+1 3" 12 gauge or 14+1 2 3/4" shells. Duel magazine tubes, switchable so load one with buckshot and one with slugs. 7 each if 2 3/4" should be plenty of persuasive action;)

Screenshot_20231130-221104_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

Or the new "Original Henry Rifle" but in 45 Colt. 13 rounds in the full length tube!

Screenshot_20231130-221818_Chrome.jpg

It was ( and maybe still is) a Marlin lever action chambered in .30-30 Winchester and .35 Remington.

I have never see one chambered in anything else, but I'm no expert.

I'd love to have one with a straight stock, if anyone has one...

It was ( and maybe still is) a Marlin lever action chambered in .30-30 Winchester and .35 Remington.

I have never see one chambered in anything else, but I'm no expert.

I'd love to have one with a straight stock, if anyone has one...
That would be very cool in 35 Remington;)

Here you go. 12+1 3" 12 gauge or 14+1 2 3/4" shells. Duel magazine tubes, switchable so load one with buckshot and one with slugs. 7 each if 2 3/4" should be plenty of persuasive action;)

Ksg had an issue with dead triggers. Not sure if this has been resolved. S&W has the M&P shotgun too. Read the reviews before buying.
Or the new "Original Henry Rifle" but in 45 Colt. 13 rounds in the full length tube!
The Henry hop is an odd nuance to this gun. I would say if you're spending that kind of money your looking for a gun called the brush buster. It was an 1873 reproduction that was customized by a man named Don Jones who short strokes the actions. With a floppy trigger finger a man could fire it very rapidly and loose ten rounds so fast the gun would click five times before he realized it was dry. Also anything called a Codymatic. They are lead faucets.

If one was most concerned about the situation you described, possible gangs pulling truckers over. Their is no question in my mind AR is the only way to go.

1 you need something to stop the threat quickly.
2 it sounds like it is more than just you involved why not have the best tool for the job
3 they are extremely safe, care mag in empty chamber. Practice racking a round in the chamber.
4 PCC I would not waste my time, chances are you would have to deal with multiple people thinking more than two up 4 or 5. Would want to stop the threat, pistol rounds will not be the best option.

Understand that it would be a different platform than you might be accustomed. Just know it is the best tool for the job you are describing. The loud noise in the cab if you had to use it, I'll address that now. I would give up a little hearing to stay alive. If the situation is that bad it is a none issue period. You can put a quality red dot on top of it and be extremely accurate to a longer distance then most people realize (my rdss are sighted in at 36 yards on 66% IPSC targets I hold center mass to 300 yards and make hits, no thinking aim and squeeze).

You have a lot of choices in the AR market from entry to custom. Along with sights and lights.

To @Inline6point about the rifle caliber carbine vs pistol caliber carbine, read about the 1986 FBI shootout in Miami. You will learn a lot about ballistics, and it proves the rifle is the best tool for a gunfight at nearly any distance.

Marlin makes lever guns chambered for both 357mag and 44mag. They hold 10 rounds and are handy quick to operate rifles. For your needs they might be just about perfect.

For a defensive forearm that can be used from inside a vehicle, an underfolder 16" ak47 is the best choice. Short enough when folded to be manuverable and is fireable in folded configuration. Stock deploys quickly when wanted. FMJ's will penetrate auto sheetmetal and glass easily and it was designed as a point blank to 300 yard tool with enough mag capacity to handle lots of problems before reloading. Light enough recoil to hang it out the window and engage a threat one handed while driving with the other hand.

Dark humour side note (MASH fans will love this)! When I was driving overland trucks. We had this Cape Town (CT) to Nairobi transit to get out of the way. You need to leave CT at 2pm to make the SA,Bots and then the Zambia boarders. So of we would trundle in out ex German army MAN top speed 80km on the down hill. (Bugs would bounce off the windscreen). It’s five days of grind.
Anyway one time I pulled up in SA in Hopetown to top up the tank before getting to Bots. There’s this cop there so I get talking to him. Howz it bro what happening? Not much. Is the replie. We talk for a bit and I ask if there’s any Hazards to look out for up ahead.
Nar it’s all sorted he says! I’m sort of ummm what do you mean and he then tells me of the hijacking gang that’s just been taken care of.
I’m umm, Ohoo that good! How did you get them.
He tells me of this trucker that pulled into the same gas station and reported how he had run off the road to avoid a dead body which was lying in the middle of the road!
So he goes out to the road marker where this happened to pick up the body. Yep no body! But he can see where the trucks come off the road and run through the long grass. So has a look in there. Four very dead guys.
There trick was one lies out in the road playing dead and his mates jump in when old mate pulls over. Brave eh there are some very long stretches out there and some very tired drives. I can just see the conversation who gets the short straw. Ohoo it’s poor old shorty off you go play dead sucker………..shorty stands up……himmm need a new gang
Velocity of moving truck is slow, but momentum is huge……bit like that 600 express

You definitely want an AR platform. Go with a suppressed 300 BO. Be sure and put a blinding weapon light on it, and a visible laser, and of course an EOTech. I also run a MAWL on mine which has not only a visible laser, but also an IR laser and an IR light. That’s because I also run Nods, not something you’d likely do. If you travel through our Communists states then go with a longer barrel with a pinned flash hider so the combined length of the two is 16” and put a shorty suppressor on that. And of course practice practice practice.

uuid=CF75F63A-A7A6-4DF1-B369-19B3880D5F06&library=1&type=1&mode=2&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

Yankee Hill makes a blast director that sends much of the sound forward. Keeps you out of the interstate rules on a suppressor.
1000022177.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeesaLague

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles