Hi from Grahamstown, South Africa

Have also been hunting near Grahamstown and done the butchery tour as well as the fire station and other local interests. A special place in this world for sure. So many different habitats filled with abundant species and amazing diversity.
A wonderful place to be a ph or a hunter! Welcome to the site, glad you joined the group.

Welcome aboard Marius. M y oldest son, youngest grandson and I recently hunted in the East Cape i.e. Frontier Safaris. My PH was Ryan Williamson who also lives in Grahamstown. I expect you know each other. Please tell him that Art Lambart and "Trip" said hello. Glad to have you as a member.
Thanks! Yeah, I know Ryan well. Glad you got to hunt the Eastern Cape! Thanks, it's great to be here!

Have also been hunting near Grahamstown and done the butchery tour as well as the fire station and other local interests. A special place in this world for sure. So many different habitats filled with abundant species and amazing diversity.
A wonderful place to be a ph or a hunter! Welcome to the site, glad you joined the group.
Thank you! Yes, the Eastern Cape is awesome!

Hi everyone,
I'm Marius Eygelaar, from the Eastern Cape, and new to AH.

As I'm an Outfitter / PH, I guide clients on their safaris', hunting their trophy wishlists.
My personal passion, when I'm not guiding, has developed into Jackal Hunting with thermal.
It's proving to be an interesting journey, but really great fun!

I'm looking forward to interacting with you all.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Marius
Welcome Marius! I love the EC.

Welcome Marius!

You're from Grahamstown, well you can't be all bad then! chuckle.

I always wanted to hunt jackets and I got a high quality programable electric caller for that purpose but never got around to it. Have you used an electric caller for Jackals? Does it work? I would still like to bring my caller over and do some guided jackal calling/hunting. Do you offer that in your guiding business?

Cheers, Brian

Welcome to AH Marius.

Welcome Marius!

You're from Grahamstown, well you can't be all bad then! chuckle.

I always wanted to hunt jackets and I got a high quality programable electric caller for that purpose but never got around to it. Have you used an electric caller for Jackals? Does it work? I would still like to bring my caller over and do some guided jackal calling/hunting. Do you offer that in your guiding business?

Cheers, Brian
Hallo Brian, and thank you for the welcome message. Yes, am using a FOXPRO SHOCKWAVE caller and i am very satisfied with it. Jackal hunting is definitely one of my favourite things to do in my spare time. Calling jackal are definitely not easy. Through out the year they are changing, so basically every month you need to play the sounds they want to hear and you as hunter must be on top of it. If you play the wrong call or give them the wrong answer back they will disappear and you can pack up and go to the next spot. Yes i do offer guided jackal hunts also. Feel free to ask more about it.

Regards Marius

Welcome to the forum Marius. We'd love to see some pictures as well as some hunting tales. I, also have been to Grahamstown and hunted the East Cape. Great place!
Bruce

Hello and welcome. I love that area. Was just there in July for my second time hunting with Charl Crous. Those mountains are amazing and the ocean views are spectacular too. Now if you guys could just do something about the wind .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsabelI30

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]