Hi Everyone! I'm Sue from Idaho..and hopelessly addicted to Africa!

Welcome to AH Sue. My wife, a non-hunter, went with me on my first trip to hunt Africa and has been on each trip ever since. In fact, I think she enjoys Africa as much or more than I do.
I can TOTALLY relate. I even prefer hunting over the national parks....although I've only ever been to one park for just one day. We were in Namibia and I felt like I was missing out since there were no elephants, zebras, or lions on the Waterberg Plateau. To keep his wife happy, Rick and our PH took me to Etosha National Park for a day. I loved it and did get to see elephants but I hated that we couldn't get out of the vehicle. It just didn't feel the same not being on the ground with the danger and all that comes with it. It was cool getting to see animals that didn't run away for a change...and for once, I got some decent pictures --- instead of butts disappearing into the brush!

Hello and welcome, Sue! I am reading your book right now actually and am trying to get others to read it. I think you state the case for hunitng in Africa very well and in a very relatable way. I have never been to Africa, but hope to go one day.
Hey, I'm just curious, where did you learn about my book? Did you see it here or somewhere else? This marketing thing is a monster on its own. LOL...and I thought writing the book was hard!

Welcome to AH Sue, glad you have seen the light!

Several years ago, I “reluctantly” accompanied my husband on a big game hunting safari in remote Tanzania. The adventure literally changed my life! Listening to the haunting cries of lions and hyenas outside our tent was terrifying. Let’s just say the single cot my husband was sleeping on got WAY more crowded. Nevertheless, I came to treasure the blood-chilling sounds. I came to call it the African symphony -- a ghostly composition of chittering, chattering, cooing, cawing, shrieking, growling, and grunting. Here is another tidbit. I’m a non-hunter…and I was NOT thrilled about my husband hunting Africa’s spectacular wildlife. The experience, however, opened my eyes to truths I had never considered; I am now a passionate advocate of well-managed hunting. Ultimately, I made a promise to our female game scout that I would try to help others like me understand. That promise evolved into Cries of the Savanna. Although I never meant to be an author, that’s the focus of my life right now. As most of you know, one trip to Africa is NEVER enough. Rick and I have since gone to Namibia and Mozambique…and hope to keep returning. Anyway, I LOVE talking about Africa…so feel free to reach out with questions…or if you need help convincing a loved one to join you on safari!
Hi Sue,

Welcome. I have only been on Africa Hunting since late May, but I have learned a lot quickly from the wonderful participants here.

I ordered your book and can't wait to read it. Yes--self-publishing is constantly changing. And marketing--I'm sure you are doing all the right things. Laura

Hi Sue,

Welcome. I have only been on Africa Hunting since late May, but I have learned a lot quickly from the wonderful participants here.

I ordered your book and can't wait to read it. Yes--self-publishing is constantly changing. And marketing--I'm sure you are doing all the right things. Laura
Yay, thanks for ordering the book Laura. I’m excited that you got to go to Africa! I imagine that you are already dreaming of your next trip. We can leave Africa but Africa never leaves us! As far as the self publishing world, I have been muddling my way through. Thank goodness for YouTube how to videos. This is my first book so it has been quite a learning process. I had zero idea what I was getting myself into when I made that promise to Lilian. It’s probably good that I didn’t know I’d love to hear your thoughts on the book after you get a chance to read it. Happy holidays!

Hey, I'm just curious, where did you learn about my book? Did you see it here or somewhere else? This marketing thing is a monster on its own. LOL...and I thought writing the book was hard!
I think it popped up in my Amazon "customer also bought" list.

I think it popped up in my Amazon "customer also bought" list.
Awesome. Good to know. I have just started advertising on Amazon which is a whole other monster...but it was necessary. I took a class that said "Everyone knows Coke...but they still spend billions on advertising a year." ...so I'm trying. I'm glad it showed up in an "also bought"

Hello Sue Tidwell,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You are obviously an above average thinker
and I salute you for it.
Thank You for your considerable efforts in helping the masses who are wallowing in emotional darkness and ignorance, to open their eyes and accept the facts.
You are held in much higher esteem than you could possibly imagine.

Best Regards,
Paul Ard.
(Aka: Velo Dog)

Last edited:
Hello Sue Tidwell,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You are obviously an above average thinker
and I salute you for it.
Thank You for your considerable efforts in helping the masses who are wallowing in emotional darkness and ignorance, to open their eyes and accept the facts.
You are held in much higher esteem than you could possibly imagine.

Best Regards,
Paul Ard.
(Aka: Velo Dog)
Wow Paul, You are so very sweet to so say such kind things. I don't know that I qualify as an above-average thinker....but I like to think I have common sense. That, coupled with the deep emotional attachment I formed with the people of Masimba Camp and my love for wildlife are what drive me. I can see plain as day what will happen if well managed hunting is taken away.

Welcome to the AH community. Your contributions are already appreciated!

Wow Paul, You are so very sweet to so say such kind things. I don't know that I qualify as an above-average thinker....but I like to think I have common sense. That, coupled with the deep emotional attachment I formed with the people of Masimba Camp and my love for wildlife are what drive me. I can see plain as day what will happen if well managed hunting is taken away.
And with that, I rest my case.

Welcome to the AH community. Your contributions are already appreciated!
Mort, Thank you so very much. That is so kind of you to say...and so appreciated. It is sure great to be here. As you can well imagine, I'm not always greeted so kindly on social media because of my support of hunting.

Sheeples drinking the kool-aid. Why I have good hearing protection.
That made me laugh! Yes, too many people drinking the kool-aid. I had one person tell me they were going to shoot me in the spine. "Prepare to wear your diapers". This coming from someone opposed to hurting animals. Such hippocrits.

By the way, Rick made it home about 3 yesterday! YAY. Today we had our grandkids all day. Such a fun day of sledding and building gingerbread houses.....and of course going in the game room. They always want to see the animals...and we quiz them on them!

I have practiced shooting with my husband. He insists that I know how to protect myself. But, I am really torn with the idea of actually hunting myself. A big part of me really wants to but a part of me is still really resistant. By going with Rick, I still get to experience the entire hunt: the challenges, the work, the excitement, etc. ...without having to actually pull the trigger. Also, truth be told, I worry that it will take away from the message in my book. I think the message is more valuable coming from a non-hunter. As soon as a hunter talks about the importance of hunting, many people "turn off" so to speak.
What a breath of fresh air you are!!! Your perspective and experience are both greatly respected and appreciated

What a breath of fresh air you are!!! Your perspective and experience are both greatly respected and appreciated
Ahh, thank you so much. I truly appreciate that. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nydia51154

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]