Heym Express 500 Jeffery

ChetAF

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
118
Reaction score
182
I have an extremely lightly used Heym Express in 500 Jeffery that I would like to sell. I purchased it from the original owner as a way to try out a 50+ caliber bolt rifle, and he stated that the total round count was approximately 20. Since then, I fired an additional 12 rounds, which thoroughly killed the dirt embankment out behind the barn.

The rifle in in like-new condition, has never been hunted and even has the extra sight and firing pin in the grip cap. It also has a Trijicon 1-4 scope mounted in swing-away type rings and bases.

The rifle comes with a set of RCBS dies, a shell holder, 100+ pieces of Jamison brass, one full box of 570 grain Barnes TTSX and another full box of Barnes 570 grain Banded Solids.

The rifle will be shipped to your FFL in a hard case.

$8,500 shipped.

20231229_082158_resized.jpg
20231229_082202_resized.jpg
20231229_082205_resized.jpg
20231229_082229_resized.jpg
20231229_082234_resized.jpg
20231229_082255_resized.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That .500 deserves to be shot with irons only. Let me know if you want to sell the rings and bases. :-).
 
I have an extremely lightly used Heym Express in 500 Jeffery that I would like to sell. I purchased it from the original owner as a way to try out a 50+ caliber bolt rifle, and he stated that the total round count was approximately 20. Since then, I fired an additional 12 rounds, which thoroughly killed the dirt embankment out behind the barn.

The rifle in in like-new condition, has never been hunted and even has the extra sight and firing pin in the grip cap. It also has a Trijicon 1-4 scope mounted in swing-away type rings and bases.

The rifle comes with a set of RCBS dies, a shell holder, 100+ pieces of Jamison brass, one full box of 570 grain Barnes TTSX and another full box of Barnes 570 grain Banded Solids.

The rifle will be shipped to your FFL in a hard case.

$8,500 shipped.

View attachment 577165View attachment 577166View attachment 577167View attachment 577168View attachment 577169View attachment 577170
beautiful gun! People probably would like weight of rifle plus LOP
 
I have an extremely lightly used Heym Express in 500 Jeffery that I would like to sell. I purchased it from the original owner as a way to try out a 50+ caliber bolt rifle, and he stated that the total round count was approximately 20. Since then, I fired an additional 12 rounds, which thoroughly killed the dirt embankment out behind the barn.

The rifle in in like-new condition, has never been hunted and even has the extra sight and firing pin in the grip cap. It also has a Trijicon 1-4 scope mounted in swing-away type rings and bases.

The rifle comes with a set of RCBS dies, a shell holder, 100+ pieces of Jamison brass, one full box of 570 grain Barnes TTSX and another full box of Barnes 570 grain Banded Solids.

The rifle will be shipped to your FFL in a hard case.

$8,500 shipped.

View attachment 577165View attachment 577166View attachment 577167View attachment 577168View attachment 577169View attachment 577170
That's a beauty!
 
Wow, rare catch.
Do you happen to know the apx. year built?
Thank you.
 
Good question. I do not, but I can check with Heym USA next week.
 
These came out around 1990. Mine holds 6 Rigby's. The magazine is caliber specific. A spare front sight and tool are in the trap door pistol grip.
I convinced my friend to buy the 125th anniversary model fully engraved by Willig with Holland and Holland style scope mount. Another 416 Rigby. They are great rifles and the 500 Jeffery is one of the hardest to come by.
FB_IMG_1703957741361.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
These came out around 1990. Mine holds 6 Rigby's. The magazine is caliber specific. A spare front sight and tool are in the trap door pistol grip.
I convinced my friend to buy the 125th anniversary model fully engraved by Willig with Holland and Holland style scope mount. Another 416 Rigby. They are great rifles and the 500 Jeffery is one of the hardest to come by.View attachment 577468
Thank you. I remember when they offered it in .600, as this one still maintains that appearance from the Catalogues. Personally, like the barrel contour, sights, etc. Cool literature.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I remember when they offered it in .600, as this one still maintains that appearance from the Catalogues. Personally, like the barrel contour, sights, etc. Again, rare catch.
It is odd they list offerings and don’t have either Jeff listed and have .500 A-square listed. From (rusty) memory, they offered both Jeffery chamberings from inception.
 
First I've ever seen one listed. Snagged this of Google.
 

Attachments

Who ever that was shooting the .600 knows how to handle recoil. He made it look like a .300 WM

Perhaps with a little more barrel torque:>)))
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,319
Messages
1,572,866
Members
169,631
Latest member
ONJKassie
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top