Heym double rifle drilling

Kynoch2015

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
146
Reaction score
283
Wanted to share. New to me pre-war Heym dbl rifle drilling in 9.3x74 over 16ga. Got to take it out last weekend. First group and only group I shot - only at 25 yards, but shows promise. Was glad to find 16ga Brennekes! I intentionally shot the slug on the other target not knowing where it would land. Will have in the field this fall. Thanks!

IMG_4591.jpeg
IMG_4587.jpeg
IMG_4588.jpeg
IMG_4599.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on acquiring a really nice firearm. May it give you many good adventures!
 
Looks like some great regulation. Do you know what your shotgun barrel is choked? I’ve got a Heym 22S combo in 16ga/22 mag, and I was thinking about shooting some brennekes through it as well.

What loads were the 9.3 groups shot with?
 
That's amazing!
 
Thanks. The 9.3 ammo was S&B factory. The Brennekes were 2.5” as that is what the seller told me. When I got it, it’s marked for 2-3/4”. Perhaps full length shells will regulate better. I was told it’s modified choke but need to confirm. According to Brenneke’s website, their slugs can be shot out of a full choke barrel. Good luck with your 22/S!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,375
Members
169,548
Latest member
LucioPrend
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top