Heym 88B 500NE

Skshyk

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Finally got her home! Exact make in the exact caliber. I want to share some pictures of my new Heym. Much thanks to AES and everyone who helped with this rifle and reloading components. I will be able to take this rifle for my first ele hunt with York. Time to bust out the sticks and start practicing. More then likely I will not be adding a red dot but if I decide to any idea what type of base and where I can order one, I already have a RMR.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 64
I’m hyperventilating! OMG, WHAT A RIFLE! The color case hardening, the elephant lever, the straight woood lines with just enough figure to give it character.
Congratulations!

Dang. That's pretty incredible.

Beautiful. Very impressed with the grain and shape of the wood.

Finally got her home! Exact make in the exact caliber. I want to share some pictures of my new Heym. Much thanks to AES and everyone who helped with this rifle and reloading components. I will be able to take this rifle for my first ele hunt with York. Time to bust out the sticks and start practicing. More then likely I will not be adding a red dot but if I decide to any idea what type of base and where I can order one, I already have a RMR.

View attachment 619157

View attachment 619158
View attachment 619160
Very impressive! Congrats on such a fine rifle!!!

View attachment 619157

View attachment 619158
View attachment 619160
Wow!

View attachment 619157

View attachment 619158
View attachment 619160
Wow!!! Not your normal Heym. While I recognize their great quality I always detested their plainness which many people love. I would be very happy to own a gun like yours…simply beautiful!!!

Very nice and better than I expected from Heym! I like your choices. What's the weight? How does it shoot? What was the backlog like?

In consideration of your investment, I think you should save 50% on ammo for the foreseeable future.

Members that are named "NDWoods " and anyone else who comes to the range session with a box of ammo and Prime Ribeyes ready for the grill should help you break it in by shooting half a box and gifting you the other half. The Ribeyes over lump coal finish the evening.

Well?

A fine rifle in a fine cartridge!

I used a 1 moa RMR on my Heym 500 NE and would recommend the same for you. I believe the mount comes from Heym but it's been years and my memory is fuzzy on that.

Beautiful rifle. I’ve always loved a CCH receiver finish over the more plain and coin finishes on a lot of doubles.

The Elephant Top Lever is absolutely beautiful. Would love to know how long it took Chris to get you that rifle built.

Stunning! Question on the purchase, did you have to buy from Heym via a guy named Larry in Florida?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeliaFerri

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available