Help with antique rifle, possibly a Mauser?

Very nice rifle! I have old eyes too and I think I would put an Aimpoint 9000L on it and mount it forward enough to not obstruct the safety or bolt handle. Or one of the micro sights on just the front mount which surely would have no impact on the safety or bolt handle.

You have a Suhl made Mauser which has been drilled for scope so it really has no collectors value. I would estimate R12500 -15000 . Classic Arms in Witbank should have a replacement m98 stock for this rifle. It does have an interesting Mannlicher style butter knife bolt handle though...

You have a Suhl made Mauser which has been drilled for scope so it really has no collectors value. I would estimate R12500 -15000 . Classic Arms in Witbank should have a replacement m98 stock for this rifle. It does have an interesting Mannlicher style butter knife bolt handle though...
The butter knife bolt handle enables ooperation with a mounted scope.
Thanks for the tip, I will contact them.

Very nice rifle! I have old eyes too and I think I would put an Aimpoint 9000L on it and mount it forward enough to not obstruct the safety or bolt handle. Or one of the micro sights on just the front mount which surely would have no impact on the safety or bolt handle.
The aim point is an interesting idea as I will be using this gun in thick bush anyway.

Nice gun,....

I would throw away the mount bases, close den screw holes with blind screws, and mount a peep sight on den bolt shroud.

HWL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaubeerchen44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg