Help. Taxidermy nightmare

PM someone if you dont mind
I have no idea what you mean.

I am simply curious what type of stag it is. I imagine others here are as well. The antler configuration with the crown on the left is typical of a small red stag. If a red stag, then getting a new cape is quite easy and relatively inexpensive. Any quality taxidermist can do that for you and remount the animal. Obviously, it isn't the number 10 red stag in the book. So, assuming it is some sort of rare subspecies, then finding a replacement cape could be quite difficult though again, a quality taxidermist could probably procure and unusually light colored red stag that would be indiscernible to anyone viewing this animal.
 
Ugh. Sorry you had this happen. Cape and form are toast. Work on getting another cape if you want to redo the mount. Hard to determine if it is same cape as on your animal or not. Most assuredly wrong form! Compare dimensions of mount … skinny neck, etc … to heavy, “rutty” looking neck on actual animal,
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,402
Members
169,558
Latest member
Joneseleepe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top