Help Needed “FFL that will ship to California “

I'm curious as to why that is illegal? Must be a California thing? Any where else as long as it is not a hand gun it doesn't matter.
Well, would it be legal in any Marxist/Communist country? You have your answer.

I don’t understand why FFLs don’t ship to CA. All you have to do is register with the CFLC and get a number once that takes a total of maybe 2 minutes to print a shipping form.

We ship several hundred guns a year to California through our auctions no big deal unless it’s on the CA can’t own list then they have to ship it back blaa blaa blaa but the process for a FFL to ship it to CA isn’t hard.

I find most FFLs are lazy when it comes to transfer they aren’t really making much on the deal and the paperwork. And the more paperwork the more time and also the chances of an error with the ATF can find so I understand all sides.

I don’t understand why FFLs don’t ship to CA. All you have to do is register with the CFLC and get a number once that takes a total of maybe 2 minutes to print a shipping form.

We ship several hundred guns a year to California through our auctions no big deal unless it’s on the CA can’t own list then they have to ship it back blaa blaa blaa but the process for a FFL to ship it to CA isn’t hard.

I find most FFLs are lazy when it comes to transfer they aren’t really making much on the deal and the paperwork. And the more paperwork the more time and also the chances of an error with the ATF can find so I understand all sides.

I think it comes down to the fact that people do not want to do business with the Peoples Republic of California.

Did you hear that just the other day that Newsom wants to convene a constitutional convention to repeal the 2Admendent?

Yeah I understand I just think the people in CA should still be able to get guns no matter how crazy the state is actually they probably need all they can get just to be there.

Yeah I understand I just think the people in CA should still be able to get guns no matter how crazy the state is actually they probably need all they can get just to be there.
I agree with you 100%. If it were brand new and available, I would go that route. It’s a bolt action 416 Rigby, not that it matters. I’m not a FFL so I don’t know all of the details. From what I have read, it seems not too terribly difficult. I would gladly pay extra for their inconvenience. I’m still working on it.

It is easy enough to answer, they don't have to. Why support something you do not agree with? Many manufacturers will not sell to LEOs in California because they do not agree with their policies.

It sucks for the people in California. They are the ones who suffer the most. From the best I can tell California only cares about her people when it comes time for the people to pay their taxes.

I'm curious as to why that is illegal? Must be a California thing? Any where else as long as it is not a hand gun it doesn't matter.
It is a CA thing. Federal law allows it if BOTH states agree to it, CA does not. Heck, one can't even buy ammo out of State and bring it back to CA as even ammo has to go through an FFL unless one has an FFL 03 license.

It is a CA thing. Federal law allows it if BOTH states agree to it, CA does not. Heck, one can't even buy ammo out of State and bring it back to CA as even ammo has to go through an FFL unless one has an FFL 03 license.

Sad

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Jerry Noblin from JD Outfitters has stepped in and is helping us out. Thank You Jerry.

Last edited:
It is sad and frustrating that many FFL dealers in CA don't understand the business they are in and the license they have. As stated, if the firearm is coming from an individual the dealer can accept it in CA and basically does a private party transfer. They need the seller's driver's license is all. Have done it a number of times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarinaWyan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]