Helloo fellow hunters!

Nice inspirational story for a beginner like me. Thank you for sharing it[emoji846].
Welcome to AH and welcome to the hunting fraternity. You are headed down a path that many of us took decades ago with the help of friends and family. Seems you don't have that option but @Shootist43 and @mark-hunter have given you some very good advise. I am lucky enough to manage a hunting mentorship program here at home and there is nothing better than taking a new hunter on their first hunt, showing them the ropes and turning them into life long hunters that promote our great sport. On a personal note on my first safari to Africa I had filled my wish list and had a couple days left so my wife who has never shot a firearm over .22 caliber or hunted any game at all was talked into giving it a go. I told the PH that it was up to him to teach her as she probably wouldn't listen to me anyway. The next day the PH took my wife to the range and spent the better part of the morning teaching my wife to shoot my 7mm rem mag. After a box of ammo they both felt confident that she was good to go. That same afternoon she killed her first big game animal, one shot from the sticks at just under 200yds. That blesbok holds a special place in my trophy room. Good luck on your journey.
 
Welcome.are u allowed large bore air rifles? If it is not too expensive maybe there is firearms training in Africa or Australia u could attend.u could always come to the US we need more like u.there a literally thousands of training programs,hunt clubs and shooting clubs and I'm sure it would not be a stretch to get mentored here.i don't know one local hunter that would not take a new guy along especially in ur situation.fla has an online hunter safety training program that's free the only catch is u have to show up and shoot for ur final.most all states require some sort of training if u are born after a certain date .I think it's mid 80tys here.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,022
Members
169,227
Latest member
SusieParra
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top