Hello from Washington!

Elkangle

AH member
Reaction score
Brand new here but been on pretty active on other forums, hunt a decent amount all over western US and always looking for more opportunities to make great connections...hopefully il be a decent contribution to the site with any mtn hunting/elk type questions but il be a total rookie with the international stuff so go easy on me !

Thanks

Brian

Giday Brian. Welcome to the A H forum. Once you interact with the members here you will soon find there are a great many hunting types and areas under discussion so there is always someone interested in where and what you hunt.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Brian!

Welcome to AH!

:S Welcome: … AH. All hunting experience regardless of species/locale holds value - tips on hunting Elk ‘successfully’ is a rich treasure.

I had military assignments to UT & NM, I tried my hand @ Elk & to tap into decent Unit w/ less foot traffic meant = bow. Was successful w/ calling for location but didn’t have the ‘MoJo magic’ to close that gap to/inside 50-yards but a great outdoor experience!

Always wondered if a Elk Cow or Calf Call would work on Kudu during the Rut!? If anything, strike enough interest to step from the bush for a look!? :unsure:

Happy Trails

:S Welcome: … AH. All hunting experience regardless of species/locale holds value - tips on hunting Elk ‘successfully’ is a rich treasure.

I had military assignments to UT & NM, I tried my hand @ Elk & to tap into decent Unit w/ less foot traffic meant = bow. Was successful w/ calling for location but didn’t have the ‘MoJo magic’ to close that gap to/inside 50-yards but a great outdoor experience!

Always wondered if a Elk Cow or Calf Call would work on Kudu during the Rut!? If anything, strike enough interest to step from the bush for a look!? :unsure:

Happy Trails

Don't know the slightest thing of kudu but I've had alot of cool interactions with deer and elk using a calf/fawn in distress calls once in tight of a herd...its kind of sick an twisted but it sure brings out the herd mentality in the moms...id assume this would be the case with most herd animals ?

More excitement the better in the rut

Welcome aboard!

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH

Hello Elkangle / Brian,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog / Paul.

Welcome aboard Elkangle. Like others have said "hunting is hunting." You will find this site quite accommodating. Most folks here are respectful of differences of opinion and don't mind sharing their experiences and knowledge. Grab a burger & a cold one and pull your chair up to our campfire. BTW what caliber rifles do you own, do you reload? Do you have any stories and or photos of your previous hunts that you'd be willing to share?

Welcome aboard Elkangle. Like others have said "hunting is hunting." You will find this site quite accommodating. Most folks here are respectful of differences of opinion and don't mind sharing their experiences and knowledge. Grab a burger & a cold one and pull your chair up to our campfire. BTW what caliber rifles do you own, do you reload? Do you have any stories and or photos of your previous hunts that you'd be willing to share?

Already very impressed with the hospitality

My main rifles are 300wsm and 6.5 prc...I've been a picky reloader for most of my life...love the precision work..same with archery....3d course on my property and shoot every day..always learning

While I'm only 30, I've came very close to averaging 70-100 days in the field most years so lots and lots of stories and photos to provide as time goes on...the last few years I've been gunning for the north American deer slam in one year and it's been a pretty fun project...the deer are winning

Few pictures

Screenshot_20210914-222136_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220103-223920_Instagram.jpg
DSCN0161.JPG
IMG_20210201_071653_236.jpg
IMG_20210131_201520_998.jpg
20200126_183025.jpg
20190923_135608.jpg
20180503_164048.jpg
20200829_212316.jpg
20200901_081247.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elkangle, yours is a pretty impressive resume for a young man. Awesome animals and countryside to boot. I used to hunt a lot more with my bow than I did with a rifle. I had to hang my Mathews up at age 70 or 71 (I can't remember.) Now I use an Excalibur 355 Matrix. My go to deer rifle for the past 25 years or so is a 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser handloaded to 2775 FPS pushing a 140 Gr. Nosler Partition. I've dreamed of hunting Elk all my life but couldn't squeeze it in or afford it. Then I found out that I could hunt Africa for the same or less than a guided Elk hunt. I have several 300 Magnums. A couple being Winchesters, a Weatherby, and a 308 Norma. I've never shot a 300 WSM. I assume they are very comparable. AH is a worldwide group of "virtual" friends, you are going to fit right in.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowell8499

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg