Hello from Oklahoma City

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I'm from Oklahoma City. I'm preparing for my first Plains Game hunt next May with my dad and brother in law. This trip is to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We will be hunting with Kuche Safaris in South Africa. I will be hunting with a Christensen Mesa in 300 Win-Mag shooting Federal Premium loaded with 180 grain Swift Siricco II bullets. I'm leaning towards the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with the fire dot duplex. As of now the plan is for Warthog, Gemsbuck, Impala, and Red Hartebest. I have been browsing this site for some time and figured I should just go ahead and join. I'm looking forward to more discussions and input from the group.
Welcome to AH! That is the same scope I bought for my wife.
 
Welcome to the family and the forum, If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!
 
Welcome aboard Brian, you guys are in for the time of your life. Going on your first African hunt at age 40 certainly puts you way ahead of the curve. For sure it won't be your last one. I took both of my boys back in 2016 and we are still talking about it. Be sure to get or make some shooting sticks and practice with them often. That goes for the rest of your "party" as well. Start off with 22(s) or HMR 17(s)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,145
Members
169,270
Latest member
CelindaH92
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top