Hello from Michigan

HunterX

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I have been reading AH for a few years, learning about the big bores, leading me to get my CZ550 in 375 H&H right after I found out they were being discontinued. Well, a few weeks ago I visited the classifieds and just could not turn down a few beautiful rifles I found there. I have now met a few very helpful, knowledgeable people on the forum and am exciting to continue learning and growing.

So a little bit about me. I’m in my early 40’s, have a wife and two elementary kids. I have been hunting since I was a teenager, usually teaching myself along the way. I really got into it to be honest, because my grandpa was trapped in a nursing home and told me about how his missed his mom’s squirrel pie. Well, 5 or 6 hunts later, I bagged a singular squirrel and had learned a lot about being still and quiet in the woods and about perseverance. I also make a pretty darn good game pie.
Anyway, fast forward about 20+ years and I have had the great luck to hunt whitetail, elk, wild boar, ducks, geese, pheasants, etc. I am going on a bucket list hunt to Poland in two weeks to hunt red stag, which has been delayed 4 years. Africa is big on my list, but may be a few years. Caribou in Alaska is also a big one. I would love to moose hunt, but it’s probably out of my budget for now.

Anyway, looking forward to the years of advice and future friendships to come. Thank you for creating such an amazing place!

I have attached a few pictures of me hunting and some yummy recipes I made. I’m not sure if you have a recipe section, but that is one area where I am thrilled to share.

Thanks! HunterX

Attachments

• IMG_7753.jpeg
    IMG_7753.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3810.jpeg
    IMG_3810.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9763.jpeg
    IMG_9763.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3907.jpeg
    IMG_3907.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0020.jpeg
    IMG_0020.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
Welcome to AH, look forward to reading your contributions

Welcome aboard!

:S Welcome:

HELL.....OO, HunterX. I'm from Michigan as well, the South Eastern part of the State: between Detroit & Toledo. Where are you from?

Welcome to the forum from the Tip of the Mitt!
There's a lot of great people here.

HELL.....OO, HunterX. I'm from Michigan as well, the South Eastern part of the State: between Detroit & Toledo. Where are you from?
Two michiganders welcoming at the same time?!!

Good day! Welcome to AH!

From Shelby Twp. to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. @HunterX
never know where life will take ya.

All the best, AH is the only family I have .. or prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LenaV06557

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]