Hello from E Washington

Gunner4blue

Reaction score
New member here, but I have been gleaning info off this forum for a while. I'm an avid shooter and big game hunter, though recent years I have been mainly persuing upland birds. I'll be travelling to Africa -SA for the first time, this fall, staying 2weeks. Something I've wanted to do since I picked up a P H Capstick book in '76. I'll be hunting Plains game, hoping for a good Kudu and zebra, along with impala and a couple others. The following week I'm after Buffalo.

I have a mod 70 featherweight in.30-06 W/ a 3x9 Zeiss, using 180gr Hdy interlocks over 57gr H4350 that gives me excellent accuracy. For Buffalo I have a Whitworth .375H&H topped with a VXIII 1.5x5 Leopold that shoots very well with 300gr Hdy DGS and DGX over 69.5gr RL15 at same point of aim. Shooting
practice weekly, various position & sticks, dry fire at game pics daily.

I am super excited about this trip & read so much info on prep on this site. So thanks to all you experienced African hunters. I'll give a report when I get back in October. Throw any advice this way and Wish me luck!

Man sounds like a great trip planned. Good luck! you'll love it. Grew up in Elk by the way.

:S Welcome: From Kennewick

What outfit are you hunting with?

I like your plan and look forward to your report. Welcome to the site!

Colville saying hi

Welcome! I lived at Fairchild AFB and did a lot of shooting at a rifle range right along the Spokane River. Also spent a fair amount of time at Twin Lakes. Great part of the US.

Sounds like your trip to Africa will be a good one. Looking forward to reading your report.

Welcome to AH!

Good luck from the tieton area , elk area has great turkey hunting

New member here, but I have been gleaning info off this forum for a while. I'm an avid shooter and big game hunter, though recent years I have been mainly persuing upland birds. I'll be travelling to Africa -SA for the first time, this fall, staying 2weeks. Something I've wanted to do since I picked up a P H Capstick book in '76. I'll be hunting Plains game, hoping for a good Kudu and zebra, along with impala and a couple others. The following week I'm after Buffalo.

I have a mod 70 featherweight in.30-06 W/ a 3x9 Zeiss, using 180gr Hdy interlocks over 57gr H4350 that gives me excellent accuracy. For Buffalo I have a Whitworth .375H&H topped with a VXIII 1.5x5 Leopold that shoots very well with 300gr Hdy DGS and DGX over 69.5gr RL15 at same point of aim. Shooting
practice weekly, various position & sticks, dry fire at game pics daily.

I am super excited about this trip & read so much info on prep on this site. So thanks to all you experienced African hunters. I'll give a report when I get back in October. Throw any advice this way and Wish me luck!
Welcome to AH

Welcome from N Idaho, right across the river.

Welcome to AH Gunner4blue! looking forward to your hunt report.

Welcome to AH! Have a great hunting adventure in Africa.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to you! Sit back, enjoy, learn and participate.

Welcome to another Whitworth owner from the west ( wet ) side of WA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndianaPiz

Latest profile posts

We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe