Hello from E Washington

Gunner4blue

Reaction score
New member here, but I have been gleaning info off this forum for a while. I'm an avid shooter and big game hunter, though recent years I have been mainly persuing upland birds. I'll be travelling to Africa -SA for the first time, this fall, staying 2weeks. Something I've wanted to do since I picked up a P H Capstick book in '76. I'll be hunting Plains game, hoping for a good Kudu and zebra, along with impala and a couple others. The following week I'm after Buffalo.

I have a mod 70 featherweight in.30-06 W/ a 3x9 Zeiss, using 180gr Hdy interlocks over 57gr H4350 that gives me excellent accuracy. For Buffalo I have a Whitworth .375H&H topped with a VXIII 1.5x5 Leopold that shoots very well with 300gr Hdy DGS and DGX over 69.5gr RL15 at same point of aim. Shooting
practice weekly, various position & sticks, dry fire at game pics daily.

I am super excited about this trip & read so much info on prep on this site. So thanks to all you experienced African hunters. I'll give a report when I get back in October. Throw any advice this way and Wish me luck!

Man sounds like a great trip planned. Good luck! you'll love it. Grew up in Elk by the way.

:S Welcome: From Kennewick

What outfit are you hunting with?

I like your plan and look forward to your report. Welcome to the site!

Colville saying hi

Welcome! I lived at Fairchild AFB and did a lot of shooting at a rifle range right along the Spokane River. Also spent a fair amount of time at Twin Lakes. Great part of the US.

Sounds like your trip to Africa will be a good one. Looking forward to reading your report.

Welcome to AH!

Good luck from the tieton area , elk area has great turkey hunting

New member here, but I have been gleaning info off this forum for a while. I'm an avid shooter and big game hunter, though recent years I have been mainly persuing upland birds. I'll be travelling to Africa -SA for the first time, this fall, staying 2weeks. Something I've wanted to do since I picked up a P H Capstick book in '76. I'll be hunting Plains game, hoping for a good Kudu and zebra, along with impala and a couple others. The following week I'm after Buffalo.

I have a mod 70 featherweight in.30-06 W/ a 3x9 Zeiss, using 180gr Hdy interlocks over 57gr H4350 that gives me excellent accuracy. For Buffalo I have a Whitworth .375H&H topped with a VXIII 1.5x5 Leopold that shoots very well with 300gr Hdy DGS and DGX over 69.5gr RL15 at same point of aim. Shooting
practice weekly, various position & sticks, dry fire at game pics daily.

I am super excited about this trip & read so much info on prep on this site. So thanks to all you experienced African hunters. I'll give a report when I get back in October. Throw any advice this way and Wish me luck!
Welcome to AH

Welcome from N Idaho, right across the river.

Welcome to AH Gunner4blue! looking forward to your hunt report.

Welcome to AH! Have a great hunting adventure in Africa.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to you! Sit back, enjoy, learn and participate.

Welcome to another Whitworth owner from the west ( wet ) side of WA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
godivemexico

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia