Hello from Congo!

Greetings PeetMeech,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

The CZ Model 550 is excellent, rugged and typically very accurate.
The .375 H&H is my favorite hunting cartridge.
With the 300 grain bullet, I suspect your Congo forest buffaloes will be well bagged.

I look forward to your hunt reports and especially any photographs that you might care to post.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
Hello Velo,

Thank you for the message and the assurance on the rifle.

I suppose I will search the forum first and then post if I have questions regarding bullet choice etc.

Will definitely try to post some pictures; seasons starts in may, so hopefully will get a few opportunities to get out there
 
Welcome! I’ll be keenly following your comments about Congo Brazzaville. I’m hunting there in May of ‘26, up on the Cameroon border for Bongo, Sitatunga and whatever else the forest gives us. You’re in for some great adventures with your .375.
Hello,

I will try and report my adventures; as I said in my region (south Gabon border), it is mostly forest buffaloes; but I too one day dream of going up north for Bongo.
 
Welcome aboard.

As for the 9.3x62 vs the 375HH, I would say that the slightly bigger cartridge in a slightly heavier rifle is a good thing. Weight tames recoil.

In practical terms, there aren't many animals who would know the difference between the two, but.. as long as you can shoot it well, the 375 delivers more oomph, which might be good for buffalo. There might also be a legal minimum requirement of 375 cal for big/dangerous games such as buffalo, hippo, elephant etc.
 
Welcome aboard.

As for the 9.3x62 vs the 375HH, I would say that the slightly bigger cartridge in a slightly heavier rifle is a good thing. Weight tames recoil.

In practical terms, there aren't many animals who would know the difference between the two, but.. as long as you can shoot it well, the 375 delivers more oomph, which might be good for buffalo. There might also be a legal minimum requirement of 375 cal for big/dangerous games such as buffalo, hippo, elephant etc.
Thank you for the feedback
 
Hello and welcome!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,448
Messages
1,576,519
Members
170,595
Latest member
LukeGreenl
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top