Hello from central North Carolina

Arapaho

Reaction score
I have read posts here for a while and finally decided to join. My passion is long range shooting and an occasional f-class match to sharpen my shooting and reloading skills. Of course, I love hunting a variety of game and just being outdoors. I also like to share my success and failures for new shooters and hunters.

Welcome to AH Arapaho!

Welcome aboard from a fellow Tarheel!

What part of central NC are you from?

Last edited:
I live just east of CLT
I pass through there often as I still have friends and family in Georgia. I also drive over and grab reloading supplies for me and about 10 shooters since I am the closest. Saves a few bucks on shipping and hazmat fees.

Giday Arapaho and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome aboard Arapaho. Just curious, what do you consider "long range?" What caliber rifles do you use for that? What sort of accuracy are you accustomed to getting at extended ranges? Have you ever given any thought to hunting Africa?

Welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard Arapaho. Just curious, what do you consider "long range?" What caliber rifles do you use for that? What sort of accuracy are you accustomed to getting at extended ranges? Have you ever given any thought to hunting Africa?
For f-class, long range is 1000 yards and I catch some mid-range matches as well at 600 yards. Keep in mind, I am definitely an amateur but am not a horrible shooter, just get beat up by the wind more times than not. I am much more accomplished at mid-range and generally shoot pretty well on that course with limited match experience. I mostly want to see where I stand with the big boys and with my load development. My expectation is somewhat different than most match shooters as I am usually shooting against myself or the guys I go with. I have only ever shot off a Harris type bipod and sand bag (not an f-class rest or 20 lb rifle). I thrive on a first shot X ring hit as a hunter and a wooden dollar from the club to boot. I have shot several calibers at both ranges including 7 RSAUM, 284 Win., 280 Ackley and 6.5x47 Lapua. Africa is on my bucket list for sure.

Hello Arapaho,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH!

Arapaho - Welcome to AH

Arapaho, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to your input. It’s an excellent place to start researching your Africa adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TodCrayton

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?