Hello from Alaska

Teklanika_Ray, I'm glad you decided to stick around. From your first post, I thought you were a little dubious. Re. your AHR approved action, Wayne is highly respected where CZ rifles are concerned. Knowing your intent to build a 505 Gibbs, I seriously doubt he would sell you something that was / is inadequate. IMHO there are a lot of AH members that know their "sh##" as a serious hunter / shooter, you are going to find that out. BTW thanks for the introduction and photos.
I had gotten a good impression about Wayne when I spoke to him a few weeks ago, and it was reenforced by reading various articles and posts on this site. I bet he or AHR was mentioned no less than 20 times in the material I have read. Not one negative comment, all about his level of expertise.

As far as my other post, I admittedly have little tolerance for nonsense. I certainly could benefit from more patience, grace, and humility.

I do not typically trust these sites. I have found the Alaska sites to be full of Nation Gegraphic watchers who believe wolverines will tear your throat out because they heard it said on Yukon Men. This site has proven out so far. You are correct, in my assessment, there appears to be very knowledgeable to subject matter expert level people here. Once I figured out the ignore button (which I have only used on three member I believe), it was much better. I have found the member to be very welcoming, and thier advice is offered in the spirit of real assistance and an interest to ensure succes of my current project. I hope I have the opportunity at some point to reciprocate.

It is easier and better to build .550 manum. It can shoot 700gr bullets at 2300ft/sec.
It uses blown out 460 wby case. Will work in cz 550 manum Acton in 416 Rigby. Bolt face is the dame. Need very little modification. Shoots .550 bullets. Pack nor makes barreled for it. I can put you in touch with NEEL SHIRLEY of Arizona who designed it. Wayne at AHR USE TO BUOLD 550 MAGNUM. MORE EFFICIENT AND MORE POWER
Alaskan bullet works make bonded bullets for it.
KRISH
Krish,

I think I would like to talk to Neel Shirley if possible. I am looking at this 550 magnum, and I would like to ask him a few questions.

Ray

Screenshot_20240906_125519_Contacts.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
degip68993

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]