Heckler& Koch bead chained bore snake , silver/black color wanted info where to purchase

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Members, I am in need of information. I want to purchase a specific product. A Heckler&Koch .222-bore snake ...the one made of chained beads?? Usually black and silver color. Any information where to purchase 3x of these bore snakes will be much appreciated..
JPEG 3df8e5c0-71c0-43c5-b075-2dbbdc93ccda.jpeg

Last edited:
Rookhawk, thank you kindly, that set looks great, I have come to like this barrel link bore snake and is trying to get hold of more of these products .

@Gert Odendaal

The G3 Battle Rifle cleaning kits (.308) can be found for around $15. The 5.56/.223 models are harder to find, not sure they ever made the chain ones in .223?

Yes, it is .223 cal, sorry my mistake rookhawk...is there restrictions on this produk rookhawk>>> may this be take out of the USA to SA??

Yes, it is .223 cal, sorry my mistake rookhawk...is there restrictions on this produk rookhawk>>> may this be take out of the USA to SA??

No restrictions, Gert. It's just a cleaning kit. You *may* have problems with carry-on because the bottle of solvent or oil is included. Probably fine if its in checked luggage.

I would never put a barrel link bore snake in a .22 caliber diameter bore. The chances of a link getting clogged up, stuck, and then destroying your rifling seems high. The otis kits are milspec and won't damage your bore. They are tiny too, slightly bigger than a hockey puck and easy to carry in the field.

No restrictions, Gert. It's just a cleaning kit. You *may* have problems with carry-on because the bottle of solvent or oil is included. Probably fine if its in checked luggage.

I would never put a barrel link bore snake in a .22 caliber diameter bore. The chances of a link getting clogged up, stuck, and then destroying your rifling seems high. The otis kits are milspec and won't damage your bore. They are tiny too, slightly bigger than a hockey puck and easy to carry in the field.
That is what happened today..the barrel linked bore snake did clogged up due to a too large piece of cloth ....I broke the barrel link chain while the cloth and other half of the chain was wedge in my barrel of the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser Shilen barrel...

As always Johan Greyling the genius told me to drill and tap a hydraulic coupling with 1x14 tread , he screwed the coupling onto the rifle barrel silencer thread , screw the pressure pipe of the hydraulic pump onto the coupling , start the bore hole drill hydraulic pump and blow the stuck item out..now we have a new method to get rid of stuck items in a rifle barrel, re-loading dies or any thing stuck in a pipe:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentt ellis

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?