Has anyone hunted buffalo in the "Greater Kruger Area". Experiences and recommendations

I also hunted with Ernest Dyason of Spear Safaris in the greater Kruger area. I had taken buffalo bulls on previous hunts (in Zimbabwe and SA). This time Ernest secured permits for 2 buffalo cows for my nephew and myself. (Pretty similar hunt to hunting herd bulls, but less expensive.) The camp was tents on a dry river bed. There were hyenas, leopards, and elephants nearby every night. (Hyenas and a leopard right IN the camp, in fact.) We saw plenty of lions, and we heard them every night. There were lion tracks in the river bed below our tents. I was very pleased, as was my nephew. After the buffalo hunts, we moved to another of Ernest's camps near the Zim border for plains game. While in Kruger, we saw no other hunters and no photo-snapping tourist safaris. We hunted 3 days there, seeing lots of animals every day, before taking the 2 old, dry cows out of a herd of about 200 buffalo. Lions were hunting the same herd at the same time, adding a lot to the cool factor. My experience is limited to just three Africa trips, but I think greater Kruger is a very special place.

Attachments

• IMG_3576.jpg
    IMG_3576.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3405.jpg
    IMG_3405.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3372.jpg
    IMG_3372.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3431.jpg
    IMG_3431.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uygcfrhg6587

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.