Hand Priming Tools

I recently got a Lee ergo prime tool as part of a purchase of other used reloading stuff. Tried it out, and was disappointed. Then I figured out that most of the trouble was parts "sticking" in the piston and toggle. Sprayed those moving parts with an aerosol teflon lubricant ( Remington dri lube) and it works quite well now. I wouldn't buy one, but that might be worth a try if you have one and it doesn't work smoothly.

I use a Lee auto prime handheld. They are discontinued, but they are available used, at shows, arms list etc.

View attachment 386405
@Stubert
The new upgraded Lee auto prime is the upgrade is even better than the old one.
Bob
20210609_161717.jpg

After years of hearing about the Lee priming tool, I purchased the Lee Ergo priming tool. It has been nothing but trouble since Day 1. Failure to feed primers, jammed primers, you name it. Eventually heard that there was a revised primer tray which was supposed to be covered under warranty. After several phone calls and eventually moving up the chain to a supervisor, I managed to convince them to send one out. Still have problems with it. It's sitting in the corner of the reloading room and will probably end up as a target on a future range visit. The whole experience just soured me on Lee products.
@Troubleshooter.
Don't shoot it mate just post it to me as a spare fore another caliber.
Bob

Interesting, I've been using a Lee for 35+ years without issue. I wonder if they're having quality issues with current production?

I have 4 of the older Lee hand primers with the various trays and plungers to last for as Long as I plant to re-load. But I recently switched over to the RCBS loader, is one better than the other ?, both have their advantages.

Interesting, I've been using a Lee for 35+ years without issue. I wonder if they're having quality issues with current production?
This particular one was manufactured about five years ago.

No worries; but be advised that it uses proprietary shell holders for various calibers.
@Troubleshooter
No problem I have the same model and all the shell holders. I mainly use nos 2,4,5,and 6. 2 for large rifle and 2 for small primer . Easier to change shell holders instead of everything
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3chunter

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!