Hand Priming Tools

I recently got a Lee ergo prime tool as part of a purchase of other used reloading stuff. Tried it out, and was disappointed. Then I figured out that most of the trouble was parts "sticking" in the piston and toggle. Sprayed those moving parts with an aerosol teflon lubricant ( Remington dri lube) and it works quite well now. I wouldn't buy one, but that might be worth a try if you have one and it doesn't work smoothly.
 
I use a Lee auto prime handheld. They are discontinued, but they are available used, at shows, arms list etc.

View attachment 386405
@Stubert
The new upgraded Lee auto prime is the upgrade is even better than the old one.
Bob
20210609_161717.jpg
 
After years of hearing about the Lee priming tool, I purchased the Lee Ergo priming tool. It has been nothing but trouble since Day 1. Failure to feed primers, jammed primers, you name it. Eventually heard that there was a revised primer tray which was supposed to be covered under warranty. After several phone calls and eventually moving up the chain to a supervisor, I managed to convince them to send one out. Still have problems with it. It's sitting in the corner of the reloading room and will probably end up as a target on a future range visit. The whole experience just soured me on Lee products.
@Troubleshooter.
Don't shoot it mate just post it to me as a spare fore another caliber.
Bob
 
Interesting, I've been using a Lee for 35+ years without issue. I wonder if they're having quality issues with current production?
 
I have 4 of the older Lee hand primers with the various trays and plungers to last for as Long as I plant to re-load. But I recently switched over to the RCBS loader, is one better than the other ?, both have their advantages.
 
Interesting, I've been using a Lee for 35+ years without issue. I wonder if they're having quality issues with current production?
This particular one was manufactured about five years ago.
 
No worries; but be advised that it uses proprietary shell holders for various calibers.
@Troubleshooter
No problem I have the same model and all the shell holders. I mainly use nos 2,4,5,and 6. 2 for large rifle and 2 for small primer . Easier to change shell holders instead of everything
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,924
Members
169,467
Latest member
CurtisDeff
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top