H4350

M70375!

AH fanatic
Joined
Mar 8, 2024
Messages
723
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Wyoming
Media
18
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Hunted
Botswana, Mozambique Alaska, Canada, MT WY NM ID ND SD OR KS
Does anyone have any load data for 375 H&H with 300 gr Barnes solids and 300 gr TSX using H4350. I don't see the H 4350 listed in the Barnes load data for those bullets, just wondering if anyone has been using it, or maybe I should use one of the other powders listed. I just happen to have a bunch of it and would like to use it if it is safe to load for those bullets. It works for the jacketed bullets , so I am unsure of the barnes bullets.
 
For comparison:
Swift lists it for 300 A-frame

Start at 73.9.
Max 79.5
 
For comparison:
Swift lists it for 300 A-frame

Start at 73.9.
Max 79.5
Yes, but that is for lead jacketed bullet, pressures are different for the copper bullets
 
Often manufacturers will have data for a wider range of powders and bullets than they publish. Maybe send an email each of Hodgdon and Barnes and see if they can help out with data (or if applicable advice as to why its not optimal).
 
Good idea, thanks!
 
Definitely e mail Barnes-IF they have data they are good to share it
 
I would start at 72 grains and work up one grain at a time until desired accuracy and velocity is attained. For me, anything in the 2450-2550fps with a 300 grains bullet in the 375HH is perfect.

I found a lot of variation between diverse loads database for the 375HH. So a chronograph is your best friend. It really helps to validate where you're going.
 
I would start at 72 grains and work up one grain at a time until desired accuracy and velocity is attained. For me, anything in the 2450-2550fps with a 300 grains bullet in the 375HH is perfect.

I found a lot of variation between diverse loads database for the 375HH. So a chronograph is your best friend. It really helps to validate where you're going.
Yes, the chronograph is your best friend! Watch for high pressure signs when working up any load in any rifle.

H4350 is a good, temperature insensitive powder for the 375HH.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,320
Messages
1,572,871
Members
169,632
Latest member
CDZKing525
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top