1Birddog!

Bronze supporter
AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club, Wildlife Committee of Washington
I’m replacing the stock on my .375 Ruger Guide Gun with a H-S precision stock. Does anyone have any suggestions of what pattern will look good with the Ruger’ stainless steel? This rifle will be used in both Africa and Alaska.

You can get it dipped in about anything you want even a wood dip that looks good. I have a few different colors and dips.

One of the finest, pillar/fully bedded synth stocks there is! Green w/ raised black flecks to aide in gripping a wet rifle. Bansner's High Tech are just as good/accurate, but lighter (last photo). H-S has decent weight, and you can have them install 1-2 recoil reducers within the butt (which i did on my Son's 300 RSAUM (2nd pic) as it was the official mule kick recipient w/ hot handloads! and my .416 featured in the others.) Some minor relief was required on my Son's gun as the stock was configured for the 2 available stock bbl contours (so I had to rasp/emery over rasp out the bump for the smaller caliber contours prior to the action fitting like a glove!) You're already in stainless, so it's whatever color stock you like (they have a pile of options.) Black, tan and brown variants look quite good as well. Some PGs do not favor SS barrels (matte or brushed is best.) My M77 (varmint) is polished, but would be like a beacon in the African sun. IF you haven't already, put a good aftermarket trigger on that Ruger. All of mine have been ridiculously too heavy from the factory!

IMG_20180817_171918266_LL.jpg
IMG_20220426_191731.jpg
thumb_DSC03572_1024.jpg
_IGP7814.JPG
IMG_20220622_143849~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone has any pictures to post of a Ruger with a H-S Precision stock, it would be appreciated very much. It’s difficult to decide on a color/pattern from their website chart alone.

I’m replacing the stock on my .375 Ruger Guide Gun with a H-S precision stock. Does anyone have any suggestions of what pattern will look good with the Ruger’ stainless steel? This rifle will be used in both Africa and Alaska.
I had a rem 700 stainless in olive with black webbing. It’s nice a subtle and good for hunting. That’s what I would do

Wish I never sold that gun.

One of the finest, pillar/fully bedded synth stocks there is! Green w/ raised black flecks to aide in gripping a wet rifle. Bansner's High Tech are just as good/accurate, but lighter (last photo). H-S has decent weight, and you can have them install 1-2 recoil reducers within the butt (which i did on my Son's 300 RSAUM (2nd pic) as it was the official mule kick recipient w/ hot handloads! and my .416 featured in the others.) Some minor relief was required on my Son's gun as the stock was configured for the 2 available stock bbl contours (so I had to rasp/emery over rasp out the bump for the smaller caliber contours prior to the action fitting like a glove!) You're already in stainless, so it's whatever color stock you like (they have a pile of options.) Black, tan and brown variants look quite good as well. Some PGs do not favor SS barrels (matte or brushed is best.) My M77 (varmint) is polished, but would be like a beacon in the African sun. IF you haven't already, put a good aftermarket trigger on that Ruger. All of mine have been ridiculously too heavy from the factory!
Wow that rem you posted was exactly what I had - I miss it! They do make guns more accurate!

I won't do business with HS Precision after they decided to use Lon Horiuchi in their promotions a while back. He's the sniper that killed the wife and child at ruby ridge.

I’m a retired 1811 and was there on scene. Not pleasant memories.——I just wanted some advice from experts about a gun stock. I don’t care about your politics.

I’m a retired 1811 and was there on scene. Not pleasant memories.——I just wanted some advice from experts about a gun stock. I don’t care about your politics.
I didn’t realize being anti women and child killing was political???

I don’t know much about Randy Weaver, but from what little I do know, I doubt he and I would have much in common politically. This isn’t about “politics”

I however, cannot get over the insensitivity of a firearm company using the name of a sniper who shot and killed a woman and a child to promote their products.

That’s enough for me to spend my dollars elsewhere.

Like I said, I just wanted some advice from experts about a gun stock.

Yup, the Timney trigger arrived a few days ago. I’ll make it a nice 3 lbs pull.

woodland camo

I just put a light gray with black webbing on a Stainless M700 moutain rifle.

Looks and feels perfect.

Lon scewed up badly. He did kill the wife but not the child. US marshalls got the kid with the dog.

The mess started when the ATF set Weaver up and other agencies got involved because the ATF made the initial errors.

The FBI wasn’t called in until a US marshall was kiiled by the kid with the dog.

Weaver went to town regularly , local law enforcement officials could have picked him up without violence easily.

I feel like the whole murderous mess was put in motion by over zealous ATF activity.

I don’t think they pay Lon to sponsor after the backlash, I bought a stock from them and have been pleased with it.

I like olive and black with black rifles. On stainless I prefer light gray with black.

I have a SS Ruger in a “granite” color stock. Can get pictures after work
Hi Wildwilderness,
Any chance you can post the picture of your SS Ruger with the “granite” stock? I’m close to putting in an order with HS Precision. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorene69L8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]