Gun Insurance while traveling

I have tried calling Eastern a few times last week and again this week with no reply. Went to SCI site and the cost is value X 0.0125 which I thing is a bit high. I will continue looking.
You should give Cole Cushman a call. www.gunandtrophy.com

I can PM you his contact info if you like. He offered the best rates and I like that they support DSC.

Safe hunting

I've been using Core-vens insurance for several years and have been pleased.It also covers shipping and travel with firearms.Their smallest plan is for up to $115,000 and is only about $360 a year.

I also have Eastern Insurance for peace of mind at home and traveling. I keep all my guns locked up in a fireproof safe ; but In my opinion Eastern Insurance is cheap enough to have a policy and as a safety check to keep all my guns locked up. I keep a pistol at the standby in my car and I know if someone breaks in my car I have insurance to cover the replacement.
If you have any questions about insurance give Laura a call with Eastern and you will find her most helpful .

Interesting that some are saying they aren't getting a response from Eastern. IIRC, a year or so back there was a discussion on the PGCA forum about that very same issue. Quite a few members were less than pleased and had moved, or were in the process of moving, their coverage over to Gun and Trophy.

FWIW, and assuming the info was accurate, it was also mentioned that both company's policies were underwritten by Hanover Ins.

Interesting that some are saying they aren't getting a response from Eastern. IIRC, a year or so back there was a discussion on the PGCA forum about that very same issue. Quite a few members were less than pleased and had moved, or were in the process of moving, their coverage over to Gun and Trophy.

FWIW, and assuming the info was accurate, it was also mentioned that both company's policies were underwritten by Hanover Ins.

Interesting, I’ve never had an issue getting ahold of them.

Interesting, I’ve never had an issue getting ahold of them.

That's a good thing. I had hoped it was just a Covid created issue but from what some on this thread are reporting, it appears to be an ongoing problem.

I went back and found the discussion. Six pages from 6/2021- 5/2022. I don't believe we're permitted to post links to other forums but I can pm it to you if you'd be interested in reading it.

That's a good thing. I had hoped it was just a Covid created issue but from what some on this thread are reporting, it appears to be an ongoing problem.

I went back and found the discussion. Six pages from 6/2021- 5/2022. I don't believe we're permitted to post links to other forums but I can pm it to you if you'd be interested in reading it.

No need, I have no issues getting ahold of them. Not sure why others do.

No need, I have no issues getting ahold of them. Not sure why others do.

Same for me. Laura usually responds to email or calls back within a few hours for me. It has been about 2 months since I talked to her and renewed my policy.

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHROdell83

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!