Greetings from Tennessee

Houlainol

AH member
Reaction score
I came across this forum about a year ago and just joined to start learning more about booking the right hunt at a good value. I've been dreaming of hunting Africa for some time but I have turned the corner from daydreaming to actually putting money away for a hunt. On my salary it is quite the luxury item. I hope to hunt plains game sometime in the second half of 2018. I am not a very experienced hunter but I am an experienced shooter from the tactical side of things with a bolt gun out to 300+yds.

Welcome to AH. Try hunting hogs to get your feet wet. More fun than a barrel of monkeys as the say. The good folks at AH are willing and able to answer all of your questions concerning your upcoming hunt, whatever they may be. What caliber rifle will you be using in SA?

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH.

Have fun planning.

Welcome to AH Houlainol! Glad you joined and making good use of all the knowledge here for booking your hunting safari.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH!

I came across this forum about a year ago and just joined to start learning more about booking the right hunt at a good value. I've been dreaming of hunting Africa for some time but I have turned the corner from daydreaming to actually putting money away for a hunt. On my salary it is quite the luxury item. I hope to hunt plains game sometime in the second half of 2018. I am not a very experienced hunter but I am an experienced shooter from the tactical side of things with a bolt gun out to 300+yds.

Welcome to the greatest hunting forum around.
What part of TN you calling home?

Welcome to AH.com Houlainol!

I love TN.... We used to have a little vacation place on Cherokee Lake up in the northeast end of the state. Beautiful area!

Houlainol, in my estimation the 30-06 would be a better choice if you are only taking one rifle. Just for the record you can take two rifles, however they must be of different calibers.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome! The planning and preparation is half of the experience. Enjoy!

I will either be using a remington 700 in 7rem mag or a newer FN built winchester m70 in 30-06. Load development and optics are yet to be determined.
How do you like that new Model 70 ? I'm thinking of one myself and specs look awfully good..Might consider Namibia as I feel you get a lot more for your money..Grew up near Smokes and been theit twice now.

Welcome to AH Houlainol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmilSherwo

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg