Greetings from Rome, Italy

Welcome. I am looking forward to hearing about some of your hunts. Which rifles do you favor? Thanks. Your new friend, Brian

Welcome. I am looking forward to hearing about some of your hunts. Which rifles do you favor? Thanks. Your new friend, Brian
Hello Brian!
Well, my favourite game animal has always bee the Elk - something not easy for an European. But, you know, even in the middle of a big city, a youg boy can dream of forest and mountains in the big, far West...I crossed the Ocean quite a few times to do it, succesfully and not, but I have always had great time. I had the chance to hunt Bison, too. Very recently I purchased a beautyful vintage Rigby in 416 from a friend of mine, in the purpose to eventually hunt Cape Buffalo, something I have always dream of - and so, I joined the AH party. As for the rifles, I had many, and sold many - at now, besides my new 416, my pet is a pre-2000 Sauer 90 in 8x68S, a caliber I am truly in love with. Also I reloaded with great success the 300 Winch, another pet. I had also 222, 30.06, 9,3x62, 6,5x68, 375HH, 300Wby, 338 Winch...I would add that when I was a boy I favored synthetic stocks and inox barrels, but now I prefer a nice "wood & blu" companion for my adventures... I guess it's quite common...
What about your guns and hunts?

Welcome to AH

Hello Brian!
Well, my favourite game animal has always bee the Elk - something not easy for an European. But, you know, even in the middle of a big city, a youg boy can dream of forest and mountains in the big, far West...I crossed the Ocean quite a few times to do it, succesfully and not, but I have always had great time. I had the chance to hunt Bison, too. Very recently I purchased a beautyful vintage Rigby in 416 from a friend of mine, in the purpose to eventually hunt Cape Buffalo, something I have always dream of - and so, I joined the AH party. As for the rifles, I had many, and sold many - at now, besides my new 416, my pet is a pre-2000 Sauer 90 in 8x68S, a caliber I am truly in love with. Also I reloaded with great success the 300 Winch, another pet. I had also 222, 30.06, 9,3x62, 6,5x68, 375HH, 300Wby, 338 Winch...I would add that when I was a boy I favored synthetic stocks and inox barrels, but now I prefer a nice "wood & blu" companion for my adventures... I guess it's quite common...
What about your guns and hunts?
Thanks for your informstion! You have had quite a collection of rifles! I have been to Namibia 3 times for plains game. My favorites hunts have been for Kudu, Waterbuck and Hartman’s Mountain Zebra. I reallt enjoyed all the animals hunted. Each is special. I’ve written reports of them on this sight. I have several rifles. I was mostly a shotgun hunter and so have been learning alot here. I have rifles in 375 H and H 300 Win Mag 270 223 and 22LR.
Thanks again for joining. Your new friend, Brian

Thanks for your informstion! You have had quite a collection of rifles! I have been to Namibia 3 times for plains game. My favorites hunts have been for Kudu, Waterbuck and Hartman’s Mountain Zebra. I reallt enjoyed all the animals hunted. Each is special. I’ve written reports of them on this sight. I have several rifles. I was mostly a shotgun hunter and so have been learning alot here. I have rifles in 375 H and H 300 Win Mag 270 223 and 22LR.
Thanks again for joining. Your new friend, Brian
Thank you for your welcome Brian, glad to share around this campfire.
We'll chat a lot about our game and guns! Good selection of calibers, a perfect battery indeed!
I'd really like to hunt Kudu one day, the most iconic pg on the continent, my congrats for your hunts my friend.

Welcome Phil, ben arrivato!
If memory helps the Giordano surname belongs to Piedmont. Am I right?

Phil, are you working at a gun shop? A year ago I visited Rome, it was fantastic, I might be there again quite soon. Maybe we‘ll see each other… Greetings from South Africa.

Welcome to AH Phil Giordano! Nice to have you join us.

Phil, are you working at a gun shop? A year ago I visited Rome, it was fantastic, I might be there again quite soon. Maybe we‘ll see each other… Greetings from South Africa.
'Morning Mopani, so glad to know you did well in Rome! My shop is right in the middle of the most storic and "turistic" area, so probably you have been very close in your last visit! For sure I'd like to see you next time, I would be great, so keep in touch and let me know when - we could drink a beer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HolleyShep

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg