Cornell Cowboy

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
United States: Wyoming, Alaska, Texas, New York
Hello from Laramie, WY. I've checked in on this forum off and on over the years. Just booked my first hunt in Africa for summer 2024, so I'm on here more often now in hopes of picking up some good tips.

I mostly hunt elk, deer, and antelope in my home state of Wyoming. But I've killed some whitetails and a wolf outside the state.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH Cornell Cowboy! Where are you heading to?

Welcome welcome welcome

@Cornell Cowboy :S Welcome:

@Firebird is spot-on w/ the comment … planning your African Adventure is part of the fun & it appears you’re on the trail w/ Country, Operator & Date!

*Tip: make Taxidermy an important part of your planning & regardless of where you intend to have the finishing work done. A proper, well established Taxidermy Co. & partnered Shipping Co. in Africa is required for Permits, Dip/Pack or Finished Work & transport out - poor planning and/or short cuts (no ….) can be disastrous for the End Game.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome! Enjoy your adventure! You will learn many valuable things from this great forum! I love your wonderful state of Wyoming!

Welcome to AH Cornell Cowboy!

You live in my favorite place to be!!

I lived up there for 14 years, after being stationed at F.E. Warren AFB.
I’m going to return someday.

I’ve hunted everything you’ve hunted, up in the Snowy Range, just outside of Fox Park.

Glad you’re on here!
There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum.

Hawk

Hello from Laramie, WY. I've checked in on this forum off and on over the years. Just booked my first hunt in Africa for summer 2024, so I'm on here more often now in hopes of picking up some good tips.

I mostly hunt elk, deer, and antelope in my home state of Wyoming. But I've killed some whitetails and a wolf outside the state.
Welcome to AH!

@Cornell Cowboy :S Welcome:

@Firebird is spot-on w/ the comment … planning your African Adventure is part of the fun & it appears you’re on the trail w/ Country, Operator & Date!

*Tip: make Taxidermy an important part of your planning & regardless of where you intend to have the finishing work done. A proper, well established Taxidermy Co. & partnered Shipping Co. in Africa is required for Permits, Dip/Pack or Finished Work & transport out - poor planning and/or short cuts (no ….) can be disastrous for the End Game.
I will definitely look into this carefully -- others have said very similar things as well, so I think it must be a real challenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia