Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Client took a fantastic Aoudad Ram today. Measured 31”, great mass, and beautiful chaps. We have one happy client.

6A0D6112-9015-482D-B6C6-F6F8588DE760.jpeg
9E577A05-1509-4432-830F-DDB681A47F66.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the hunter on a nice ram!

Nice job! Well done!

Thanks y’all he’s so happy he’s beside himself.

Congrats

Beautiful beast Erik!

Very nice.

Blue sky and no snow looks pretty good also

So jealous!!!

Congratulations to Hunter & guide! Amazing stuff! What dreams are made of

Awesome! I’m trying to find a space I could put one of those handsome guys with the chaps! I’ll see once I get the grandbabe’s rams up.
They are one that has to take a lot of space! Too fine a trophy to just euro mount!

Very nice.

Blue sky and no snow looks pretty good also
oh we had snow until day before yesterday it finally melted off.
1B2FDDBF-0EE7-4625-84F1-F346F22849E2.jpeg
The weather here this time of year is bipolar. It’s snowing and 20 one day and 75 and sunny the next.

Yes he did ... congratulations to all involved. If you are willing to put in the work, the Rockin G will give you a shot at a great ram.

Thanks y’all he’s so happy he’s beside himself.
What did that ram weigh? Aoudads are on my bucket list. Would a hunter be better served with a 30-06 with 180 grain bullets or a 9.3x62 with 250 grain accusing?

What did that ram weigh? Aoudads are on my bucket list. Would a hunter be better served with a 30-06 with 180 grain bullets or a 9.3x62 with 250 grain accusing?
A big mature ram will weigh close to 300lbs. They are tough but very mortal. Either caliber will work just fine. I love an 06 and it’s my go too for just about everything. 180 grain TTSX or TSX is, imho, the perfect Aoudad medicine. We killed a huge ram this weekend with a 6.5 PRC. Perfect shot placement and that ram took about 4 steps and was dead as chivalry. Aoudad are like the majority of African animals in that their heart sits a bit low and forward as do the lungs. You want to shoot him in the point where the center line of the front leg and the lower 1/3 horizontal line on the body meet, assuming a perfect broad side shot. With that he be dead right then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieQuelp

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg