Granite Mountain Actions

It's essentially a custom blueprinted Mauser action so anything that fits them! I got an estimate from them to install fancy iron sights with quarter rib etc $1,800. Ryan Breeding/Joe Smithson? It's been awhile. You could have the action drilled for anything you like. I personally would use talley or Alaskan but I would bet they have their own nice custom stuff that looks good like a sturdier version of the old Austrian Bock mounts used on steyr-Ms. (That would slip on big bore guns because they were too thin with not enough screws so people would glue them.)

Your smith will have to set it up when they build the rifle. The general impression on GMA actions is that they are very well built, but require some fitting and finish work.

Well, they are double square bridge actions. No scope mounts needed.
So the bridges need to be machine for your choice of scope rings. My have been machined for regular Talley, Talley for CZ bridges and Alaskan Arms scope rings, all 30mm rings

The nicest option is the Joe Smithson QD mounts, they look seamless with the square bridges. They do fit pretty tight so if you plan to take them on and off often than I'd opt for the Recknagle swing mounts. If you only plan on removing optic for travel or optic failure than the Smithson's are the way to go.

As others have stated, the GMA is more of a top quality blank slate that can be made to fit any number of options. All of these will require some level of machine work. Do your research on what will work best for your needs when it comes to mounting the scope and go from there.

I have 2 GMA rifles, one I had the double square bridges machined for Talley by MNR Custom. Fantastically done and very functional. The other is german claw mounts built right into the bridges, I would never pay to have that added to a rifle, it would cost a fortune but I got that one right,.....beautiful function.

here is my GMA bridges cut for Talley CZ scope rings. Note the "bases" are the full square bridge width compare to how narrow this square bridge cut is for regular Talley bases.
receivere2.jpg

The full bridge on the left and then cut way back on the right. Just does not look good in the flesh.
narrow talley basee.jpg

Joe Smithson does great work on GMA actions, tuning them up for feeding, safety,, etc. If you go that route, his elegant peep site is a great option (i have not used his rings, but have used his peeps)
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredrickWe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]