Grafs Has 458 Lott Brass

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 6.19.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 6.19.50 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 6.19.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 6.19.52 PM.png
    840.7 KB · Views: 194
I bet not.

Eh its always doom and gloom. If this demand wasn't temporary, the multi billion dollar primer companies could easily spin up new factories to meet it. They are competing corporations and probably have Phd's dedicated to just market research alone. This isn't the first or last panic buying period.
 
For them to stop high volume production lines like 5.56 or 9mm to mess with 458 lott brass backorders(not even loaded ammo) is a very good indication they are already starting to feel it
 
Last edited:
They are usually made in complete different length machines. The two have very little to do with each other. The cost of raw materials and labor will keep the consumer from seeing any drop in price.
 
Last edited:
They are usually made in complete different length draw machines. The two have very little to do with each other.
same raw material, same man power that is in short supply. And yes wasted effort on different packaging and supply chain instead of unbelievably marked up 556. It is the worst of both worlds to switch to 458 unless they are starting to overproduce 556/9mm.(ie the price is too high for demand and will come down).

If there was permanent unmet demand in the market why wouldn't either competitor spin up factories? They are flush with cash after all this panic
 
You think they were using everything they had to make 9mm and 5.56? Switching boxes ain’t hard. Not to mention while running everything else magnum length a strong business sense would tell me switching the bunter stamp to 458 for, 50 or 100 thousand units due to a back order status makes perfect sense.
I wouldn’t gauge the market on such a trivial sign. Keep hoping that ammo will get back to precovid prices. I’m gonna say you are very optimistic.
PS I have a couple boxes of Lott inbound.
 
You think they were using everything they had to make 9mm and 5.56? Switching boxes ain’t hard. Not to mention while running everything else magnum length a strong business sense would tell me switching the bunter stamp to 458 for, 50 or 100 thousand units due to a back order status makes perfect sense.
I wouldn’t gauge the market on such a trivial sign. Keep hoping that ammo will get back to precovid prices. I’m gonna say you are very optimistic.
PS I have a couple boxes of Lott inbound.
I think precovid prices in 1-3 years is perfectly reasonable for brass. With steel case out of the picture there is even more market to absorb, price reduction through volume. Again if there is money on the table why would a profit driven company let their competitor take it? There is no question of if they can afford to scale after all the panic buying.

Its not optimism, its looking at history. This is what, the 4th, 5th gun buying panic since 2001? Did you already forgot those? 25 cpr on 556 is an utterly absurd profit margin, the 50-100 they are getting now is pure robbery. If you really have evidence that the market demand is permanent, then write a phd thesis. Federal will pay you millions of dollars for this edge against their competitors.
 
Settle down.
I think precovid prices in 1-3 years is perfectly reasonable for brass. With steel case out of the picture there is even more market to absorb, price reduction through volume. Again if there is money on the table why would a profit driven company let their competitor take it? There is no question of if they can afford to scale after all the panic buying.

Its not optimism, its looking at history. This is what, the 4th, 5th gun buying panic since 2001? Did you already forgot those? 25 cpr on 556 is an utterly absurd profit margin, the 50-100 they are getting now is pure robbery. If you really have evidence that the market demand is permanent, then write a phd thesis. Federal will pay you millions of dollars for this edge against their competitors.
I was just passing along that Lott was in stock! You are the one that used it as a crystal ball.
Im saying that I don’t think 458 Lotts availability shows a ammo price drop or the market being flooded.
I do think that ammo is not on the short list for folks that are getting raped by inflation.
But I would be super happy if Eley match wasn’t 220$ a brick.
 
lol you're not a junior high teacher, you don't need to use "settle down" when a healthy debate isn't going your way;) The only reason I even bother typing is the longer people believe the ammo is going away forever conspiracy the longer the prices will be artificially high. This isn't the first gun buying panic, and it wont be the last. The best way to ease them by is education and not fear mongering.
 
I wasn’t debating you .
It’s pretty obvious prices on goods are not going down. If you are set on this being the sign things are getting better then, god bless you.
 
I wasn’t debating you .
It’s pretty obvious prices on goods are not going down. If you are set on this being the sign things are getting better then, god bless you.
and here we are 2 weeks later with 9mm approaching precovid prices(it's probably cheaper after you account for the loss in usd buying power). I hope you didn't panic buy too much! Looks like the multi billion dollar ammo company can predict the market a little better than random people on the forum:D
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.02.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.02.39 AM.png
    456.7 KB · Views: 111
I doubt that a clearance price on unsaleable Russian steel cased ammo really indicates anything.
 
I doubt that a clearance price on unsaleable Russian steel cased ammo really indicates anything.
Easy now it’s pretty clear we have an industry insider giving us pointers. lol.
Very clear that he thought about this a lot!
 
Easy now it’s pretty clear we have an industry insider giving us pointers. lol.
Very clear that he thought about this a lot!
heres brass thats been rotting at 30 cents a pop(which is still a massive rip off, its a race to the bottom at this point) https://www.ammoshoponline.com/shop...r-fmj-geco-range-cans-qty-1000-free-shipping/

Lol keep buying it expensive and stacking it shallow. maybe this could be a useful resource for you https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/law-of-supply-demand.asp
I doubt that a clearance price on unsaleable Russian steel cased ammo really indicates anything.
It looks to be pretty saleable on there website lol Unless your saying that they overpaid for it and are now stuck charging a price that the market wont support? then I would agree with you
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.04.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.04.44 AM.png
    760 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.04.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.04.45 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.04.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.04.58 AM.png
    703.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.05.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 7.05.02 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
So you can rest easy, when I worked for SSA and Nosler I stocked up on ammo and supplies just a little!!
Just wish I could get Eley match under 15$ a box. LOL you make me hope for the less fortunate!! pS keep peddling!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,928
Members
169,650
Latest member
CyrilJudy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top