Good morning

Welcome to AH

Greetings Hooknbullet2,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I second the 3 questions that ActionBob posted.
And upon your triumphant return, I shall look forward to reading your hunt report.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

A good friend of mine purchased a trip to South Africa at a charity auction and invited me to join him and his two sons on the trip.

We will be hunting plains game with Restless Africa.

My interest is Spiraled horned game. So hopefully I’ll be able to get on a few of them.

I would anticipate that this will be one of many trips to the Dark Continent to come.

Hill Country Rifles in New Braunfels, TX is just a few miles away from me. I own several of their rifles and plan on taking a .308 shooting 130 grain Barnes TTSX bullets for the smaller quarry. Also taking a 300 Win Mag shooting 180 grain 180 grain Barnes TTSX for any of the larger species. Hopefully that’s a good plan. I’ll do some more reading on this forum and see what others think.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Mike

Welcome to AH!

Welcome form west texas! Good luck on your first safari. There is a wealth of information here to help you prepare and have the best trip possible.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome Mike. I trained in San Antonio (BAMC) and have been to and thru New Braunfels many times. Congrats on your first safari. Start planning the second! I'm no expert but I suggest you take the 300WM only. In the bush you never know what will present itself. Unless taking DG and PG rifle I think one rifle is better and easier. Love the look and reputation of HCR wish I'd known about them sooner. Best of luck and please post lots of pics and details of the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghdhdfgsdf

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well