Good Gun Deals This Week

So we should share good deals, and even auctions, just not ones that members of the forum might want because someone might already want them?
It’s probably considered “poor form” to share information about a gun on an online gun auction for the reasons Mtn Infantry stated. Other online gun forums I’m a member of prohibit it. However, I think any gun listed for sale at a fixed price and not an auction is fair game for anyone. I’ve won a few bids on some rare and desirable guns that for whatever reason went unnoticed ( the rare exception not the rule) on a popular online auction and I dang sure didn’t want it advertised!

I tend to post good gun deals if there is a buy-it-now on GB just as there always is on GI. I can’t really define to the group if its a “Good deal” when its an auction with lots of time remaining. $10,000 guns might be at a high bid of $200 an hour from auction close. Usually, Murphy’s law says those will fetch a price of $10,001 in the end.
Exactly and as you know the “buy it now” guns at a fair price don’t typically last long or get down to 1 day left.

You know better than most some guns are alternative assets and a limited market drives demand & price.

It’s probably considered “poor form” to share information about a gun on an online gun auction for the reasons Mtn Infantry stated. Other online gun forums I’m a member of prohibit it. However, I think any gun listed for sale at a fixed price and not an auction is fair game for anyone. I’ve won a few bids on some rare and desirable guns that for whatever reason went unnoticed ( the rare exception not the rule) on a popular online auction and I dang sure didn’t want it advertised!
This is exactly what I was trying to say, but you said it much better.

Complete guns (with a stock) that don’t have rust and pitting have recently sold for a few hundred dollars more than the one you posted. A stock is going to cost you at least the difference between that barreled action and the complete rifle, but then you’ve still got a gun with rust and pitting that you’re going to pay a smith to rechamber to 458 Lott and have to keep fighting the rust/pitting on the bottom.

You do you and keep posting what you think are good deals

I copied the link in good faith for the benefit of the forum. I don’t know the seller and I don’t know you—from what I can tell this thread is a spot for members of the forum to find opportunities to buy a piece.

If you don’t want to buy the thing don’t buy it. If you want to be the “good deal” sheriff I’m sure the admins will cede you the opportunity to moderate.

If no auctions is a rule I’ll adhere to it and offer a mea culpa to all but I haven’t seen that anywhere in guidelines for the thread and the forum.

I copied the link in good faith for the benefit of the forum. I don’t know the seller and I don’t know you—from what I can tell this thread is a spot for members of the forum to find opportunities to buy a piece.

If you don’t want to buy the thing don’t buy it. If you want to be the “good deal” sheriff I’m sure the admins will cede you the opportunity to moderate
Certainly appreciate your intent. Sharing anything for sale is great. Sharing an auction item that someone could potentially win with a nominal bid not so much. Just share items listed for sale or have a buy now or set price but no on auction items. All will be right with the world then.

If no auctions is a rule I’ll adhere to it and offer a new culpa to all but I haven’t seen that anywhere in guidelines for the thread and the forum.
It’s not a written rule on AH as far as I’m aware (except dealers advertising that aren’t sponsors). I think it was more of an unwritten rule that most members acknowledged. I wasn’t trying to specifically target you with regard to the auction post, an I’m sorry it seemed like I was. I appreciate what you were trying to do.

I essentially posted two comments in one.
1) Trying to highlight some flaws with that gun which made it a bit so good deal IMO.
2) I was trying to point to the masses about how posting auctions, often has the inverse effect making them not a very good deal. If a member is looking for a gun or caliber, they’re finding the auctions and deals.

There’s been a marked shift in the dynamic of AH which has included a huge uptick in posts about auctions on certain resale sites as well as auction hunts. Everyone wants a good deal (I’ve bought both guns at auctions and hunts) but sometimes we get blinded by something and miss the rest of the costs which don’t always make it the best deal.

That barreled action for $400-500 good deal all day. That price, I’ve got a hard time biting off on it or recommending it to a forum member.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindiasportsk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!