Good Gun Deals This Week

What is something like a bargain/reasonable/average price on a rifle like this?

$6000 for it as a righty. A new one would be $11,000+. So what's a lefty worth? I think very, very little but I have a hatred for lefty gun people.

To my hatred of lefty gun people: They cringe and moan and whine that they want X gun if it was only a lefty. They harass gun makers to make more lefty guns. But the facts are 11% of people are lefties, yet only about 5% of gun owners are lefties that SHOOT left handed. So about 1 in 20 is the lefty versus righty demand. So if you're talking about fine guns, what's the collector or 2nd hand demand for lefty guns? Even less than 1 in 20, because if you're a collector or plan on potentially selling/trading/gifting a gun in the future, you want a righty because odds are the next owner or heir needs a righty.

For those reasons, lefty guns have no collector value and have limited potential buyers. And that's why I'm annoyed by lefty gun folks because they think there is a lot of demand for their desired products but there just isn't. When a beautiful lefty gun like this comes along, which is a unicorn, the lefties are never breaking down the door to get it because their lefty-ness precludes them being collector-minded that allows them to justify paying more for guns than treating them "as tools only".

If you're a lefty, its a great deal, go for it. But if you ever try to sell it you'll own it a long time and you won't get much for it.

If you are a lefty hunter buy it use it and who gives a shit what happens to it after you are pushing daisies?....if you a collecter you should know better.....if you a leftie hunter take advantage of the situasion.....

$6000 for it as a righty. A new one would be $11,000+. So what's a lefty worth? I think very, very little but I have a hatred for lefty gun people.

To my hatred of lefty gun people: They cringe and moan and whine that they want X gun if it was only a lefty. They harass gun makers to make more lefty guns. But the facts are 11% of people are lefties, yet only about 5% of gun owners are lefties that SHOOT left handed. So about 1 in 20 is the lefty versus righty demand. So if you're talking about fine guns, what's the collector or 2nd hand demand for lefty guns? Even less than 1 in 20, because if you're a collector or plan on potentially selling/trading/gifting a gun in the future, you want a righty because odds are the next owner or heir needs a righty.

For those reasons, lefty guns have no collector value and have limited potential buyers. And that's why I'm annoyed by lefty gun folks because they think there is a lot of demand for their desired products but there just isn't. When a beautiful lefty gun like this comes along, which is a unicorn, the lefties are never breaking down the door to get it because their lefty-ness precludes them being collector-minded that allows them to justify paying more for guns than treating them "as tools only".

If you're a lefty, its a great deal, go for it. But if you ever try to sell it you'll own it a long time and you won't get much for it.
Telling it like it really is, RooHawk. NOTE: I wuz born a Lefty...

Whoa, I think I can narrow down the problem. As a new father, I've been studying up on this over the last few months. @rookhawk either didn't get a nap, needs his diaper changed, or he's hangry.....or a combination....hell, it's hard to say for sure.

Whoa, I think I can narrow down the problem. As a new father, I've been studying up on this over the last few months. @rookhawk either didn't get a nap, needs his diaper changed, or he's hangry.....or a combination....hell, it's hard to say for sure.

Definitely several of those are true. Nonetheless, the lefty thing with guns is a frustrating saga to watch. Whether its guns languishing for DECADES at mega-prices online with no lefty demand, or reading forums where people look at guns that are $5000-$50,000 with the comments all the same, “wow, nice gun! I’d buy that thing right now if it was a lefty!”. <- sure thing lefty internet guy, that never happens and its all talk.

But at any rate, it’s a great deal for a lefty if someone wants to own and shoot a nice lefty gun. It’s not a good investment for a ROI, however. But if you were about to spend $11,000 to have a lefty Parkwest made from scratch, a less expensive one would be a logically better price.

Definitely several of those are true. Nonetheless, the lefty thing with guns is a frustrating saga to watch. Whether its guns languishing for DECADES at mega-prices online with no lefty demand, or reading forums where people look at guns that are $5000-$50,000 with the comments all the same, “wow, nice gun! I’d buy that thing right now if it was a lefty!”. <- sure thing lefty internet guy, that never happens and its all talk.

But at any rate, it’s a great deal for a lefty if someone wants to own and shoot a nice lefty gun. It’s not a good investment for a ROI, however. But if you were about to spend $11,000 to have a lefty Parkwest made from scratch, a less expensive one would be a logically better price.
Very valid points. I've made the same comments of, "if that were LH, I'd buy it", but that's just a cop out. I have never let LH/RH stop me from buying a rifle I want. Also, I can't think of a single animal that managed to survive because I was a LH shooter with a RH rifle. When I start whining, I have to remind myself of alot of things, not least of which is that I am blessed to be able to afford nice firearms and I can afford to whine abt LH v RH.

I'm a born righty who is cross-eyed dominant (for those of you unfamiliar, my left eye is stronger). I switched as a 22 year old because an old Vietnam veteran, a sniper school founder and instructor, watched me hold a BB gun for about five seconds, and pointed it out. Still have no idea how he recognized it, outside of three decades of professional expertise. Taught myself how to shoot left, and have never regretted it.

For collectibles, I don't care about RH/LH. For working guns I plan to keep a long time, I buy left. Doesn't mean I can't function effectively with a RH gun - my borrowed rifle on safari with @KWALATA SAFARIS was a RH model, and I can still use effectively and (a little less) quickly. It's just more clumsy to break stock weld, cycle a bolt, re-engage, re-acquire target and sight picture.

Ever see a rifle a cast on rifle stock?
Asking for a friend…

Good Mate, and knife maker, hunter suffered a critical eye injury, along with shoulder damage; had a special stock made up to allow him to shoot right eye/left shoulder... He's switched to bowhunting now ...

One way out of the mire for lefties: shoot an F/B rifle, e.g. Ruger No 1, or one of those glorious Canuckian Martinis, or a Hagn; ... IF you can afford such a masterpiece ...

Good Mate, and knife maker, hunter suffered a critical eye injury, along with shoulder damage; had a special stock made up to allow him to shoot right eye/left shoulder... He's switched to bowhunting now ...
I have seen SxS's with cross-over stocks, but never a rifle. But found this photo.

crossover stock.jpg

I have seen SxS's with cross-over stocks, but never a rifle. But found this photo.

View attachment 547066

The story of why they were made is pretty cool too. Lots of people assume crossover stocks were made for people with opposite eye dominance. Yes, to a low extent. After the great wars, a lot of nobility with the means to buy custom guns had lost eyes in the service, crossover stocks were catering to their disabilities. Even more uncommon, they made "Central vision" stocks that have two S curves in them. They were designed for people with no eye dominance, a rare occurrence in the 20th century but a very common phenomenon today that is caused by staring at screens all day.

A good friends uncle shot a cross over stocked Purdey in the live pigeon ring. If I remember correctly his gun is on display in the British Museum.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 4.41.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 4.41.06 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 4.41.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 4.41.07 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 4.41.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 4.41.08 PM.png
    727.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 4.41.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 4.41.10 PM.png
    632.2 KB · Views: 51

I've not heard of this brand before, anyone have any thoughts on this?
Interesting. Know nothing about it. Man, I was in the big town of Weslaco, Texas (where listing is) this am. I don’t have that much interest in an over/under, but if I saw this earlier, and seller was available, I would have taken a look at it.

Looks to be full price. No wait though plus probably $600 usd in savings on that scope, if you were to buy it alone

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.11.37 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.11.37 AM Large.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.11.38 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.11.38 AM Large.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.11.44 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.11.44 AM Large.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Beautiful gun! I just bought a Heym from Ralf. Excellent guy and a very enjoyable experience buying from him! It will take a little bit to get it into the US. But he has a good agent and a solid process that works when it comes to importing to USA. It will cost around $1500 to get it into the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomenicTur

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?