Good article about the wildlife trafficking bust in Argentina

Terrible situation all over & has backlash for all hunters but typically media hyped up bullshit scaremongering & this is not a “Good Article” at all & shouldn’t have been posted as such !!

I would not be too quick to throw Jorge, Federico and associates under the bus. When it comes to politics and Greenies, a lie is as good as the truth if someone believes it.

I was an Argentine resident for quite awhile. Lived and worked there and maintained an office in Buenos Aires for over 10 years as well as resident gun licenses and hunting and fishing licenses/permits. The laws in Argentina are unusual and can be different from Province to Province and year to year and most LE don’t know or understand the laws very well. Kind of like in many parts of the US. :LOL:

I killed a big puma in a Province where it was legal. I was able to get the license because I was a resident. I had to get a special permit to “import” it into Buenos Aires. Fortunately, the game biologist where I checked it was knowledgeable and very helpful so I was able to get the trophy to my office in Buenos Aires. I had all my documents framed and put on the wall beside the mount at the suggestion of my assistant to prevent any accusations of illegal activity. I love Argentina but it can be complicated. Especially when it comes to documentation and red tape.

Safe hunting
Are you aware of the fact that even M&G Hunting Argentina who is the sponsor of this forum blaming him for the problems and raids on other warehouses where legally hunted trophies are kept and confiscated?
When there's smoke there's a fire.
Also why do you think he's not coming on here and explaining the situation?

Terrible situation all over & has backlash for all hunters but typically media hyped up bullshit scaremongering & this is not a “Good Article” at all & shouldn’t have been posted as such !!
When I said good article I wasn't referring to the content.
Article is good because it's exposing the person who's responsible for all that happened in Argentina.
If you read the earlier threads about this problem you'll see that it's not a hyped up bullshit which cost many of us legally hunted trophies.
I posted this article because I want the help the future hunters who might booking hunts without knowing who's who in Argentina.

There are no details here of a crime except for a hint at sloppy export paperwork. Most of the animals hunted in Argentina are introduced not native. I also assume much of this hunting takes place on private land.
This looks like animal rights propaganda. Innocent until proven guilty.
The sad fact is that Argentina has a terrible reputation on shipping of trophies and this won't help.
It seems that Argentina is like the US and British media propaganda regarding hunting and animal rights. Hunters are guilty until proven innocent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNBChassid

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]