Going to Africa for Buffalo & Warthog

Would you be able to share with us the photos Dave sent you with the management bulls?
More than happy to, I'll ask him the question before I do though, no clients in the photos so I assume it is ok but I'll just make sure they weren't shared with me in confidence before posting them.

Would you be able to share with us the photos Dave sent you with the management bulls?
1704613962450.jpeg

1704613984263.jpeg

1704614003982.jpeg

1704614028416.jpeg

1704614046326.jpeg

Congrats, we look forward to reading about it!

Congratz, making the decision to go on your first safari then getting it booked is a very special. You now have time to plan and get everything ready. Your choice of rifles is going to work just fine. Buffalo hunting has a way of getting of taking over your thoughts. your outfitter has the right idea on what a proper old dagga bog is. have fun.

Envy! You are going to have a GRAND ADVENTURE!
Any buffalo is a trophy especially your first! I’d have no issue taking a cow buff (better eating). May even be more difficult because they are always in big groups with more eyes watching.

Great pics - take any of those bulls all day long @Aussie hunter! Most of the Europeans in general and the Germans in particular value age above any headgear, which ties into @Green Chile's comments about a real trophy being a gnarly old bull that's been around the block and has evaded predators and hunters long enough to reach a ripe old age. There is a story behind very chip in his boss and scar on his face, not unlike a wily old Australian bull that never leaves the cover of the Hyptis. Also, no safari would be complete without bagging an elusive zebra, so don't pass up that opportunity if it presents itself. Good luck!

Spoke with Dave today, it's looking like early October 2025.
And I have purchased a Leica red dot for my 450 Rigby, it's going to my gunsmith in a few weeks.
So it should be buffalo hunt early October 2025 in the BVC with a Rigby rifle chambered in 450 Rigby, loaded with 550 grain Woodleighs at 2240fps. Not taking my 9.3 so it will be used for warthog as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yreywretsw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]