Going In For Surgery Tomorrow

Ok, by Saturday, I'll be ready to see what you got!. Glad for you that it's almost over!!!
 
Great news TOBY458!
 
Continued prayers for a speedy recovery!
 
Good News Toby keep going.
 
Now that I've made it this far, maybe I need to talk to @Mark Biggerstaff about that Kimber 458. But since all my stomach muscles have been cut, I'm not sure how much recoil I'll be able to handle for awhile! I may have to become a 9.3x62 man! Hmmmm......then there are those Highland Stalkers....
 
Last edited:
Well done To y. Now, to completely recover go out and buy a rifle!
 
Glad it went well and prayers for a speedy recovery. Hope you are back to shooting the big guns soon.
 
Great news! [In the short term, before the next buffalo] how far have you gotten on your list of the "tiny ten". Good time to be searching for that rifle you've been thinking about for awhile.
 
Update

Everything went as planned. A little more extensive than we had planned. It seems that the scar tissue had attached itself to my liver. Good news is, he was able to get everything cut loose and got the narrow section of bowel taken out and sewn back together. And even better news, there's no sign of Crohn's disease anymore. This was all caused by scar tissue from my previous surgery. Only a few more days in the hospital if all goes well and no infection sets in.

Thanks for all the prayers!

Wonderful! Charge on!!
 
Awesome news @TOBY458

Heal up quick.. there are animals that need to be hunted... :)
 
Excellent news Toby, glad everything worked out. Now relax, eat that "great" hospital food, and get out of the hospital soon. Continue to pray for your quick recovery.
 
Excellent news Toby, glad everything worked out. Now relax, eat that "great" hospital food, and get out of the hospital soon. Continue to pray for your quick recovery.
I wish I could eat. Right now I have an NG tube in my nose and down my throat. I'm actually looking forward to jello!
 
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm going in for small bowel surgery tomorrow morning. I had a similar surgery back in 2006 for Crohn's disease, and now I have scar tissue built up in the area where my previous surgery took place. This is causing me to have intestinal blockages. So, they will have to go in and take out the scarred section, and put it all back together. I will be in the hospital an estimated 4-7 days.
So, I'd appreciate a few prayers and good vibes sent my way if you don't mind. It will be a long uphill climb to complete recovery, but I've done it before and hope to do it again!

Thanks!
Toby my friend you are always in my prayers. My mom had Chron’s for 60 years of her 85 years on earth. She actually had the same surgery you had back in 1945. Hope you recover quickly.
 
Toby my friend you are always in my prayers. My mom had Chron’s for 60 years of her 85 years on earth. She actually had the same surgery you had back in 1945. Hope you recover quickly.
Thanks Charlie! I've been ok since my first surgery, until just recently I started having blockages due to scar tissue. When the opened me up yesterday, they had to cut a bunch of it out of my abdomen, then take out a small section of small intestine. He said he found no signs of Crohn's inflammation, just scar tissue. So hopefully this surgery will last a long time.
 
Well done To y. Now, to completely recover go out and buy a rifle!
I don't think rifles interest him much.
I think he's got one, and isn't the type of guy to buy another unless he really had to.
 
Excellent news and here's to a quick and full recovery. Now tell me more about your music...never knew we had a songwriter among us?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,438
Messages
1,576,280
Members
170,538
Latest member
DanialStur
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top