Going Back To Zimbabwe In 2023!

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Well....it's official. I'm going back to Zim in 2023, for another Buffalo, Tuskless Elephant hunt. Leaving on August 7 for a 10 day hunt. Looking forward to ringing out the R8 again. This time, I'll be using a 458 Win Mag. Although the 375 did a fine job last year, I'm looking forward to living up to my TOBY458 name! Will be using 450gr CEB solids for the Elephant, and either 450gr TSX or 420gr CEB Raptors for the Buffalo. I'll also be bringing along some CEB 258gr loads for any Hyena or PG hunting that I may do once the Buffalo and Elephant are taken care of. I'm still undecided on whether or not to bring along a 375 barrel as back up, but I think with the 458 loads mentioned, I should be good to go with just a 458. Well... if last year's hunt is any indication, I should be good to go with just the 458. Will feel strange not taking a 375 to Africa though!
I'll miss seeing you all at DSC this year, but I'm going to save that money for my hunt. Good luck to all in the coming year!

Awesome news Toby. Congratulations and I am excited to read the report later this year. :cool:

Is the R8 going to hang around long enough to make the trip?!
I believe so! I took it last year, so just a barrel swap this time. I really like the R8 for traveling. And they shoot so well, it's hard for me to think of taking anything else. Although I make no promises! Haha!

Awesome, I’m very jealous. My goal for my next one is very similar and Zim and Moz are two of my bucket list countries I haven’t been to yet.

BTW, I'll be hunting with @Philip Glass and @Rare Breed . So maybe they will chime in.
I am looking forward to hunting with Toby again and the whole crew at D&Y. The Omay is a special place and this may just have to be an annual event for me. I’ve hunted many places but Zim is truly special.
We are having fun at DSC but missing Toby!

Outstanding news Toby. Can't wait to read about it.

Good trip indeed !

I will have two episodes of the Zim safari and one of the Tanzania safari on This Is Africa on the Sportsmans channel soon. It will be later in the year before they go to Youtube. Yall will be able to see the Omay, as in many TIA episodes of the last couple of years, and see what a great adventure it is!

@TOBY458
Great news! Looking fwd to your hunting report on the forum.

it would be interesting to get your impressions about eventual difference in performance between 458 and 375 on DG.
Good luck!

@phillip Glass
I will watch your adventures with great interest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]