Global Warming a.k.a. Climate Change

bigger than Krakatoa? I have my doubts--there was no summer THAT year...

BTW, that was the year Farmer's Almanac became everyones go-to favorite...as a joke, they marked the weather for July 4th for snow. "Well, by gum, the Farmers' Almanac got it right, by cracky"

It was under water. And yes, on par or bigger than Krakatoa. Had it been above water, it would have been a moment in history when people asked "DO you rememebr where you were when Hunga Tunga blew?"

By the way, Simon Winchester's book on Krakatoa is great.

When someone starts talking to me about climate change I ask them one simple unanswerable question.

When in history was the climate normal?

I get some really funny looks on peoples faces as they try to wrap their noodle around that one. LOL.

You guys seem pretty knowledgeable about all of this, can anyone tell me how many acres of solar panels it would take to run a small town of say 20,000 people? Ive seen too many solar farms taking good productive farmland out of food production and turned into solar fields and as a farmer it’s depresing to see .
Yes it’s scary. Just in my area (only three counties), there are 8,000 acres slated to be taken out of production and under solar panels within the next 5 years. From what I understand, those acres are already contracted with another 2,000 likely to be signed up. This under only two companies with more companies trying to elbow their way in. Information we’ve gathered shows that another 5000 acres could go away as well. At least.

As it is, we don’t have enough land in our potato and vegetable producing area to fully satisfy the canners and processors in and around the state. The fear increases that if we continue to lose good producing farmland to solar, the processors will begin to close their doors taking jobs and tax dollars with them. The domino effect solar could have on the ag industry as a whole could be devastating. All of the supporting industries like fertilizer, chemical, transportation, infrastructure, rail, irrigation, etc., would lose as well. Employees forced to leave with their families will cause more small business and school closures.

Not to mention no more food.

Sounds extreme, I know, and it’s worse case scenario, but it’s a very real threat.

The problem is, with the federal grants and investors these companies possess, the amount of money they can pay per acre far outpaces what farmers can compete with. I certainly can’t. Consequently, where aging landowners without heirs who want to take over the farm or simply can’t afford the taxes, now have an attractive option to keep their land with a substantially higher guaranteed income for the rest of their days.
Who can blame them?

And don’t even get me started on the non-recyclable materials to deal with within the next couple of decades as these “solar farms” (irony?) reach the end of their life cycle.

Sorry for the rant. ;)

When someone starts talking to me about climate change I ask them one simple unanswerable question.

When in history was the climate normal?

I get some really funny looks on peoples faces as they try to wrap their noodle around that one. LOL.
Right on. The climate changes (weather) constantly minute by minute every day. Some recent studies show the world slowly cooling debunking all the woke freaks.

Yep, IMO, scam with overtones of a religious movement. Huge scientific holes in the entire premise as it relates to CO2 and human-caused climate drivers. The flaws in the theory are relatively simple to understand, large and in full view. Most just refuse to see them, being guided down the path and blinded by the "preachers" at the pulpit of power and control with Al Gore as one of the founders.

Yep, IMO, scam with overtones of a religious movement. Huge scientific holes in the entire premise as it relates to CO2 and human-caused climate drivers. The flaws in the theory are relatively simple to understand, large and in full view. Most just refuse to see them, being guided down the path and blinded by the "preachers" at the pulpit of power and control with Al Gore as one of the founders.
AlGore--can you imagine what the world would be like today if were not for "hanging chads" back when??

i have a very logical opinion to all this climate change bullshit and have had many heated discussions around a dinner table because of it, but we as humans hate to accept change and we want everything to stay the same
1- if you thought our climate on this spinning ball earth, spinning at what speed and at the same time circling around a fireball called sun and with its own moon that has serious magnetic effects, could stay stable for hundred or even thousands of years you are a complete idiot. its not possible there are just too many variables for the climate to stay stable it will forever be changing, hotter colder or whatever but it will change and we have to adapt. there is absolutlely nothing that can stop climate change. its not global warming-this is an inherently false statement- it is climate change

2- human overpopulation is the single biggest problem on earth!!

remember these are my opinions, i am a logical person and a realist.

i have a very logical opinion to all this climate change bullshit and have had many heated discussions around a dinner table because of it, but we as humans hate to accept change and we want everything to stay the same
1- if you thought our climate on this spinning ball earth, spinning at what speed and at the same time circling around a fireball called sun and with its own moon that has serious magnetic effects, could stay stable for hundred or even thousands of years you are a complete idiot. its not possible there are just too many variables for the climate to stay stable it will forever be changing, hotter colder or whatever but it will change and we have to adapt. there is absolutlely nothing that can stop climate change. its not global warming-this is an inherently false statement- it is climate change

2- human overpopulation is the single biggest problem on earth!!

remember these are my opinions, i am a logical person and a realist.
Guess we could save a lot of money on science stuff and just logic our way into the future then.

Exactly
What happened to hole in ozone layer
Science said we would all be burnt up by now
Im not saying there isnt a good place for the science but its not the be all and end all. Some common sense also needs to be used
We have scientists running kruger park see what a f&$kup that is

Logic and common sense get you a lot further than people realise

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly
What happened to hole in ozone layer
Science said we would all be burnt up by now
Im not saying tjere isnt a good place for the science but its not the be all and end all. Some common sense also needs to be used
We have scientists running kruger park see what a f&$kup that is

Logic and common sense get you a lot further than people realise
I do not think my reply was as clear as I thought it was.

it was perfectly clear
i dont rate myself to be a scientist in anyway, but im not stupid if thats what you are getting at

you missed an important part of my original post, these are my opinions. and they they will stay
i have read as many scientific pieces that debunk the "global warming" scientific pieces. so are the people on the "other boat" going the right way . or is your boat going the right way? who the hell knows, but i do have an opinion, and an educated one at that (albeit based on logic).

regards

I’m waiting on severe weather changes after the next meteor strikes or volcanic eruption .
our vanity has no limits

I do not think my reply was as clear as I thought it was.

I do hope it is not the same scientists that had me studying slow, ponderous dinosaurs that lived in lakes because their bodies would crush if on land. Or early "scientists" that thought them same bones were "monsters".

Or all the scientists that work for NGO's that tell CITES how bad hunters are, or even the scientists that stopped our salmon season because the whales have no food.

What I think today is the "scientists" can come to any conclusion that those paying them want.

MB

it was perfectly clear
i dont rate myself to be a scientist in anyway, but im not stupid if thats what you are getting at

you missed an important part of my original post, these are my opinions. and they they will stay
i have read as many scientific pieces that debunk the "global warming" scientific pieces. so are the people on the "other boat" going the right way . or is your boat going the right way? who the hell knows, but i do have an opinion, and an educated one at that (albeit based on logic).

regards
No implication of stupidity.

People, all people, are ignorant of some things and most of us of many. There are lots of top notch observers out there using their best logic to come to poor conclusions.

Alarms start going off whenever I hear “common sense” or “logic” claims from anyone. How much common sense gun control legislation would you agree with? The average person’s common sense is questionable at best. Appealing to logic is a good way to ignore actual facts when a body has no supporting evidence for their position.

Science is neither good nor bad. Science has no agenda. Damning it leaves us to go with our cousin’s friends opinion of vaccines based on his swollen nuts. Sure individual scientists are people with agendas, but the nature of science is to peer review until enough corroborating evidence reveals an informed opinion.

Because science is self-policing, formerly known facts do get rewritten. To point to this as some sort of hypocrisy or proof of uselessness is a simplification with its own agenda.

Whatever specialty you may have, surely it is maddening when the uninformed, misinformed, or maliciously ignorant start blathering on about it. Because climate change has become so politicized there are hoards of these folks turning it to eleven like their membership to the club will be revoked if they don’t carry torches and pitchforks.

When I see the Statue of Liberty ankle deep in water, then I'll start worrying about Global Warming!
The most accurate record of climate change are tree rings and ice cores. As the earth cools tree rings are closer together and ice rings are wider. Tree growth slows down and ice rings are wider indicating colder weather and heavier snowfall. Can't dispute that no matter who tries to twist it.

Well where I come from my brother says its same as with fkn covid....you can't even try to discuss any other opinion than what's been force fed to the sheeple....you are shouted down....and he is as cynical about both agendas as I am...

Well where I come from my brother says its same as with fkn covid....you can't even try to discuss any other opinion than what's been force fed to the sheeple....you are shouted down....and he is as cynical about both agendas as I am...
Probably same scientists. Even after watching the new found documented emails, studies, cover ups, only promote the narratives and verified lies the Covid brainwashed still scream they are and always were right.

Is this "man made" global warming really any different?

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QSGAli3189

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?