Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Six months since I applied for my third five year term and still showing Pending Review. It says I still have a grace period but not for how long. Did four domestic flights this year so far and went through the TSA line no problem. Are there any member having this sort of renewal delay?

Yes, I am in the same boat. Sent renewal in 6 months before my expiration and still don’t have it.

Six months since I applied for my third five year term and still showing Pending Review. It says I still have a grace period but not for how long. Did four domestic flights this year so far and went through the TSA line no problem. Are there any member having this sort of renewal delay?
We have had a real frustration getting my son's GE. Applied in September. Waited and waited but they say 14-16 months. I even called my US Congressman's office and did receive some assistance there or at least they made contact for us. With two international trips with my son coming up I was getting discouraged.
A big surprise came on return from our Guatemala mission trip last month. I let my son go first at Customs. The agent was gruff but talkative so I had no way of reading him. He photographed and fingerprinted my son, wished him a belated happy birthday, and said your GE card will be in the mail in two weeks! We were over the moon excited and of course very surprised.
Back to your original question. Yes I am hearing of these delays on renewals. It makes no sense to me. They are usually automatic after you pay.

MY SON'S FIRST APP HAS BEEN PENDING OVER A YEAR.

I was a first time GE applicant a few months back (Jan/Feb), got my tentative approval within about 2 weeks. My only challenge was getting an appointment. IAH is almost impossible to get an appointment, so we went to San Antonio for the interview back in April. We got our approval emails on the drive back home, cards arrived a week or so later.

I just checked out my renewal application confirmation (back in March)

"Due to a significant increase in application volume, U.S. Customs and Border Protection is extending the grace period from 6 months to 1 year for any Trusted Traveler member who has a valid membership and who has submitted a renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 1 year while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application."

A little different but I got a TWIC card in less than a month. I would think that would have some bearing on me getting approval quicker, especially after ten years of already having GE.

I did my interview at DFW in January of this year. Had my card in a couple weeks.

My wife & I recently renewed our global entry cards online at the same time, hers came in in 2 weeks, mine 3.

I was a first time GE applicant a few months back (Jan/Feb), got my tentative approval within about 2 weeks. My only challenge was getting an appointment. IAH is almost impossible to get an appointment, so we went to San Antonio for the interview back in April. We got our approval emails on the drive back home, cards arrived a week or so later.

That’s interesting, San Antonio and Austin were never open for appointments for me or my daughter for our renewals. We both had to drive to Laredo for our interviews (new photos).

I renewed mine online before it expired and it took a couple of weeks as I recall to get my updated card.

One more item. After you get Global Entry, download the Global Entry app on your phone. You just show your phone to the CBP official in the GE line at immigration and keep walking. No stopping at the Kiosk, no slip to turn in. Of course, it's so fast you will be waiting and waiting for your luggage.

It looks like first timers are getting theirs quick. The rest of us are stuck on that wait a bit plant.

We have had a real frustration getting my son's GE. Applied in September. Waited and waited but they say 14-16 months. I even called my US Congressman's office and did receive some assistance there or at least they made contact for us. With two international trips with my son coming up I was getting discouraged.
A big surprise came on return from our Guatemala mission trip last month. I let my son go first at Customs. The agent was gruff but talkative so I had no way of reading him. He photographed and fingerprinted my son, wished him a belated happy birthday, and said your GE card will be in the mail in two weeks! We were over the moon excited and of course very surprised.
Back to your original question. Yes I am hearing of these delays on renewals. It makes no sense to me. They are usually automatic after you pay.

They have it set up where they flag applicants who leave the country I’m convinced. Same thing happened to me. I waited forever for my conditional approval. I checked before I left for Africa last year still not approved. I checked again before my return flight and sure enough I had been approved. I did my little interview after passport control along with about a dozen other folks on the flight.

It looks like first timers are getting theirs quick. The rest of us are stuck on that wait a bit plant.
I applied for GE as a first timer in March and am waiting on approval and then my interview. My wife applied as well and received approval within two weeks. Not sure if there is a method

That’s interesting, San Antonio and Austin were never open for appointments for me or my daughter for our renewals. We both had to drive to Laredo for our interviews (new photos).
That's kinda funny. All the border stations always have openings. Wasn't easy to get SA, but way easier than Houston. Bergstrom had some openings off and on.

We had originally scheduled to go to Del Rio, then I saw the Sunday afternoon openings at SA.

They have it set up where they flag applicants who leave the country I’m convinced. Same thing happened to me. I waited forever for my conditional approval. I checked before I left for Africa last year still not approved. I checked again before my return flight and sure enough I had been approved. I did my little interview after passport control along with about a dozen other folks on the flight.
Nice!

I’m a first timer, and also stuck in the wait a bit plant lol. I applied for global entry last October and I’m still waiting for approval. I applied right after I got back from my Mozambique hunt figuring I’d make my life easier for future trips. I’ve got a Zimbabwe hunt in September and at this rate I’m not sure I’ll get global entry before that hunt. I’ve been TSA pre-check for a decade, so I’m not sure what’s taking so long on the global entry side.

I feel like it’s about the same as buying a suppressor. You roll the dice and hope it comes through quick but plan on waiting for a year lol.
Chase

Got mine a couple days ago, six month wait, no interview required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxannePol

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com