Getting a large crate shipped or put in to storage

I can't recommend any of these storage places because I am not familiar with their facilities outside of my area in Tennessee.

Extra Space storage and U-haul storage around the Atlanta area look to have bay door, loading dock, entry into their climate control facilities the same as they have here in my area. You might check with them.

IMO your best bet is to borrow or rent a flatbed trailer. (If you have access to one, and if weather conditions allow). Being relatively low to the ground, it should be simpler to load and offload the crate. Next best might be an enclosed car hauler IF it is tall enough for the crate. Do you have any friends who race or show cars on the weekends?

Otherwise, I would rent either a 12' or 16' truck from Penske https://www.pensketruckrental.com/trucks-and-vans/#compare-model Check with them, but I'm almost certain that they include a pull-out ramp. With an appropriate-sized furniture dolly and someone to help push and steady the crate, you can probably get it loaded yourself. Others have mentioned U-Haul, and recognizing that might be a generic term, I would specifically avoid the U-Haul company. My experience with them has been that they do not maintain their vehicles well, and roadside hazard support is lacking.

For storage, I keep seeing ads for these "PODS" storage containers, supposedly weather- and rodent-tight. I have no experience with the brand, but you might want to look into that as an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoRathe

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.