Germany promotes ‘cooking without electricity as blackout loom

Hah! Come down to Oklahoma - I have plenty for you to cut down. I don't like seeing sparks fly off my chain saw.... Or the thorns in my tires.

The good thing about hedge is that you just needed one decent sized piece on a bed of coals or mixed into the initial load and your btu's skyrocketed. Our woodstove was in our basement and it was nothing to heat yourself out of there. I hear you on the thorns too. They punch holes in tires, rubber boots and zero dark thirty turkey hunting gets painful when you sit on one.

London has problems primarily because there are no truck drivers who can drive gasoline.
Thousands !!! Thousands of Polish truckers have rejected B.Johnson's visa offer for 3 months because they will be kicked out again.
They had to go everything.cause was the Brexit the yes ,also here, so cheered.
They will have to look around for something else the English.
Only unity makes strong, even if it is difficult.
Energy problems have others too.
Just think of Texas this winter.

Foxi I can tell you non of the Brits are waiting in line to fill the jobs. It was the same in the 50s-70s when masses of Indians came over to do the jobs other's didnt. People like my family came over to work bloody hard and were told to go back to where we came from. Now most of the top richest people in the UK are the children of those immigrants.
If you ask me many white brits were afraid of being over taken again. The work is there people just dont want to do it.

And before anyone says yes brexit was a massive mistake but its one of the prices of democracy

Energy crisis sweeps the world as cost of keeping the lights on soars: Millions set for higher bills as price cap rises by £139​

Russia has also been sending over less gas than usual, which many experts have interpreted as a political powerplay aimed at putting pressure on European leaders to open up a controversial pipeline project called Nord Stream 2.
But geopolitics will play a role too. Sam Wahab, energy analyst at advisers SP Angel, said: ‘Russia is one of the largest gas producers in the world and this winter depends in part on how much they allow to be sold out in the international market – and Russia has historically been quite unpredictable.’
This "analyst" comes from the word "anal". Russia supplies what is required under the contracts, and never disrupts these supplies. It's just that some very wise business people hoped for spot prices, which were really low a couple of years ago. And they didn't sign contracts on time. And no one is going to dramatically increase the volume of supplies to the spot market, although now it would be very profitable. But gas production does not grow just at the click of your fingers - - if that were the case, then what prevents the Brits from clicking themselves?

... and don't underestimate German engineering.

;)

HWL

Natural gas? The U.S. has an oversupply and is exporting. Don't know if it's still the case but Texas had so much, wells were burning it just to get rid of it.

So the thing is that Asians buy liquefied gas even at a more expensive price, and they don't buzz. Therefore, gas, including American and Russian, goes there, and not to Europe. They are rich now, and Europeans are poor. Associated petroleum gas, alas, is difficult and expensive to dispose of, this is an old problem - therefore they burn it.

Somehow I knew from the title this was going to be a “green energy is terrible” thread.
and clearly, green energy is terrible. efficient energy is clean energy. wind/solar aren't efficient. it may be the most efficient source of energy tomorrow or next week or next year or 50 years from now. until it is the most efficient, it shouldn't be used, at least not at scale.

Natural gas? The U.S. has an oversupply and is exporting. Don't know if it's still the case but Texas had so much, wells were burning it just to get rid of it.
during the late oughts and early teens, Chesapeake Energy (now out of business) found so much natural gas in Texas, NM, OK, and LA that they ended up capping about 95% of the wells. It is estimated that we have enough natural gas to last us about 2 centuries.

during the late oughts and early teens, Chesapeake Energy (now out of business) found so much natural gas in Texas, NM, OK, and LA that they ended up capping about 95% of the wells. It is estimated that we have enough natural gas to last us about 2 centuries.
AFAIK, They emerged from bankruptcy and are back in the business of nat gas.

There is an old joke about Khoja Nasreddin. He promised the emir that in 10 years he would teach the ass to read the Koran. When people told him that he had gone mad, and that the emir would put him on a stake with a donkey, he replied: "but for now, the emir feeds me and the donkey; and in ten years, someone will die: either I, or the emir, or the donkey.

Foxi I can tell you non of the Brits are waiting in line to fill the jobs. It was the same in the 50s-70s when masses of Indians came over to do the jobs other's didnt. People like my family came over to work bloody hard and were told to go back to where we came from. Now most of the top richest people in the UK are the children of those immigrants.
If you ask me many white brits were afraid of being over taken again. The work is there people just dont want to do it.

And before anyone says yes brexit was a massive mistake but its one of the prices of democracy
Yes, I believe that immediately.
Asians have the diligence of busy bees, whether on the assembly line or in the universities,admirable.
Remember the boat people from Vietnam in the 70s?
They all had only one shirt on their butts.Today they are part of the American middle class,while the black society can't get off the ground......

It is similar to us in Germany in some areas.
Now there is a lack of butchers in the UK, 120' pigs have to be emergency slaughtered to make room and there is no staff in sufficient numbers to slaughter them.
It was stupid of Cameron to poll Vox Populi.
If we start an opinion poll to abolish all taxes, then it will win.
But this does not move a state forward.

Last edited:
@Foxi, I remember the boat people. Back then, I took a welding class on Saturdays. A recently arrived young man from Vietnam was in the class. He went to high school during the day, worked in a pizza shop every night and lived with his extended family. For him, the United States was a gift from heaven. I gave him an old pair of welding gloves and you would have thought it was a gold bar. Unfortunately in today's world, the new paradigm is every job should pay a "living wage", one that supports rent, car payments, insurance, food, a vacation at the beach and an Iphone. The idea of getting a better education, working longer hours or two jobs to get what one wants has been lost.

So am I the baddy for selling Tesla stock and buying Chevron. Sure hope they don't get one of those Russian winters.ha Putin got his hand on the tap.they can't say Trump didn't warn them.

I'm curious to see how far the green brainwashing will go until someone dares to speak the truth in public and in the media.
Here is a picture of what it looks like on almost every motorway in our country in winter, at least once:
I'll try to translate the text.
E Cars.jpg

"Imagine that these are all electric cars.
Imagine that the battery is empty after two or three hours in a traffic jam because you have to heat up because of the cold.
Who tows these vehicles?
And above all how.....?"

The bus company in my town swapped out nearly 150 buses to begin with from electeic ones back to diesel,and the batyery lobby cant understand why.

Many buses they had engine failurers,,difficult in wintertimes to hold battery going and much mire

A few years ago in Germany we wanted to rent an electric car for the winter holidays, they were still considered exotic at that time. But we were refused a rental, "and if the battery runs out on the road, what will you do?". It was in Bavaria. And now in Moscow there has been a transition from trolleybuses to electric buses. Yes, the wires for trolleybuses looked ugly, and in general, such transport had all the pros and cons. But how practical will electric buses be in winter, when it is difficult to start a gasoline engine? "Our reindeer herder" (the nickname of the mayor of Moscow) always tries to run ahead of the locomotive of progress, let's see what happens.

It's a double row, mostly locust, oak, osage orange, hickory, mulberry, with a little cherry and walnut for the early season. It's about a quarter of my stockpile. I am getting low on old locust fence posts though.

View attachment 428227
Was going to ask if you actually cut and dethorned that locust before splitting

Was going to ask if you actually cut and dethorned that locust before splitting
The branches have the worst thorns and I wear heavy gloves stacking them in a pile for the chipper/grinder. The locusts I cut usually have been down for a while and the bark and thorns strip off fairly easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonEaste

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]