German Kinetics - Silver Flames

Hey Tom,

German Kinetics Silver Flame makes an outstanding broadhead. Actually they are a work or art. I have killed an elk or two with their 210 grain head. They are uber sharp out of the package and tune/fly very well. But - they are expensive.

That said, I don't shoot them any more. I have chosen to go with a single bevel broadhead. The single bevel head was my choice based on a recommendation from a guy from Archery Talk that did extensive broadhead testing. I contacted him and told him I was going to Africa and wanted to know his thoughts on broadhead choice. He recommended a single bevel head. I have had outstanding results on two trips to Africa taking critters varying in size from duiker to eland with the single bevel head. My last trip included a cull hunt where I told 26 animals in 10 days. My setup is nothing special:
bow: 58 lbs
arrow: 330 spine, 28" shaft, 75 grain insert, 3 blazer vanes, 100 grain broadhead, total arrow weight ~440 grains

I got passthroughs in most animals. The eland was not a passthrough, but about 2/3 of the arrow protruded out the off side. Many of the cull animals expired in sight of the blind. The specific head I used was the Strickland Helix. The Helix comes in various sizes from 100 grain to 225 grain. I recently found a head (from here on AH) called the Kudu Point that is also single bevel that I'm sure will work very well also.

Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement for the Helix.... I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just like the theory behind and performance of the, single bevel head. On my next trip over I will try to run the Kudu Point into a few critters. But to answer your question, the Silver Flame will work well for sure.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,380
Members
170,567
Latest member
MitziHicks
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top