Africa
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Austria, Slovakia

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 10.41.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 10.41.27 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
I shared “camp” with a friendly German hunter last July. He was pleasant to share good times with.
I do not know the title of the book you inquired about but I did just make a post about a book by Kai-Uwe Denker in the books section. He had several other titles only in German that might be available and of interest to you. Google his name and you will find them

Looks like an interesting baseline book. The information is likely accurate for common destinations like RSA and Namibia. I would rely on AH.com for the latest and greatest if you're going somewhere more exotic- rules, laws, and governments change quick in some of these countries.

Recommend checking out the Safari Planning section of the forum. In particular, the guides for each country:
https://www.africahunting.com/community/hunting-info-country/

I shared “camp” with a friendly German hunter last July. He was pleasant to share good times with.
I do not know the title of the book you inquired about but I did just make a post about a book by Kai-Uwe Denker in the books section. He had several other titles only in German that might be available and of interest to you. Google his name and you will find them
Firebird is spot on- highly recommend Kai-Uwe Denker's Entlang des Jägers Pfad.

Is German your mother tongue,@Jäger_Ivo ?
The reason I’m asking is my German is not that good,but if the subject is interesting and the language not too advanced,I do ok.

Hi, no, German is not my mother tongue. I'm only learning German, so I'm also looking for books in German. It is written simply, I have only minor problems understanding it. Maybe there are better books in English, with better content. But I was looking for something in German.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 8.42.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 8.42.45 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
What’s inspiring about pictures of Nazis, aside from the fact that they are dead?

What’s inspiring about pictures of Nazis, aside from the fact that they are dead?
An explanation is very necessary in this case.

The book above (Waidwerk der Welt) with those Nazi-portraits is a book about the biggest hunting exhibition ever held. It took place in Berlin in 1937 and was a huge success. The picture of the "Führer" seems to be in it for political reasons - Hitler was strict anti-hunting and a vegetarian! He didn't like this exhibition at all, but had to attend the opening ceremony. He strolled through the trophy halls with his entourage quite uninterested and left.

Göring on he other hand was an avid hunter and "Chief Hunting Master" of the Reich as well as the patron of this exhibition which he personally curated. This was also a way to show the world how great a hunter he was (or thought he was). Göring was very eager to be the person who shot the best red stags in Germany if not the world.

The crazy thing is, that is was a worldwide collobaration and it was a cheerful and peaceful event - and this so very shortly before the War began... The British sent some of their celebrated hunters like Harold Frank Wallace to measure and judge hundreds of antlers. Lord Halifax came also and was invited by Göring to a hunt. And there were many trophies of the King and Queen to be seen, as well as huge tigers, big tusks, argalis and one of the very first giant pandas in full mount, shot by Col. Brocklehurst.
The French displayed many trophies from their colonies as well.
Most of the european nobility and political rulers came - Prince Bernhard ot the Netherlands or the King of Denmark for example.
A big art exhibition with many wildlife paintings by Wilhelm Kuhnert and others was also held.

The book is a highly sought after collector's item nowadays. Very large format, very heavy and hundreds of pictures of record-class trophies and the exhibition booths.
Some photos in this book are simply bizarre: There's a photo of Goebbels marveling at the mounted giant panda and Hitler gazing at some Antlers...
If you can get the book somewhere my advice is: buy it, even if you don't speak german! It has great historical value and many stunning photos. I should mention, that in most of the books the Nazi portraits were removed for some reason...

My post should be no justification for the Nazis. But it shows that hunting can bring the world together, even in dark times.

68_cron.jpg
1937 Berlin 2.jpeg
1937 Berlin 3.jpeg
1937 Berlin Antlers.jpg
H375.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg
s-l1600-12.jpg
s-l1600-21.jpg

It helps if you can get an English copy as well as the German copy to learn the language. 15 years ago at school whilst learning German I read Mein Kampf, the German Bible and one or two hunting books to better my German. The one was “ Jagd unter Afrikas Sonne”, by Edelwald Hűttle.

An explanation is very necessary in this case.

The book above (Waidwerk der Welt) with those Nazi-portraits is a book about the biggest hunting exhibition ever held. It took place in Berlin in 1937 and was a huge success. The picture of the "Führer" seems to be in it for political reasons - Hitler was strict anti-hunting and a vegetarian! He didn't like this exhibition at all, but had to attend the opening ceremony. He strolled through the trophy halls with his entourage quite uninterested and left.

Göring on he other hand was an avid hunter and "Chief Hunting Master" of the Reich as well as the patron of this exhibition which he personally curated. This was also a way to show the world how great a hunter he was (or thought he was). Göring was very eager to be the person who shot the best red stags in Germany if not the world.

The crazy thing is, that is was a worldwide collobaration and it was a cheerful and peaceful event - and this so very shortly before the War began... The British sent some of their celebrated hunters like Harold Frank Wallace to measure and judge hundreds of antlers. Lord Halifax came also and was invited by Göring to a hunt. And there were many trophies of the King and Queen to be seen, as well as huge tigers, big tusks, argalis and one of the very first giant pandas in full mount, shot by Col. Brocklehurst.
The French displayed many trophies from their colonies as well.
Most of the european nobility and political rulers came - Prince Bernhard ot the Netherlands or the King of Denmark for example.
A big art exhibition with many wildlife paintings by Wilhelm Kuhnert and others was also held.

The book is a highly sought after collector's item nowadays. Very large format, very heavy and hundreds of pictures of record-class trophies and the exhibition booths.
Some photos in this book are simply bizarre: There's a photo of Goebbels marveling at the mounted giant panda and Hitler gazing at some Antlers...
If you can get the book somewhere my advice is: buy it, even if you don't speak german! It has great historical value and many stunning photos. I should mention, that in most of the books the Nazi portraits were removed for some reason...

My post should be no justification for the Nazis. But it shows that hunting can bring the world together, even in dark times.

View attachment 583031View attachment 583033View attachment 583034View attachment 583035View attachment 583036View attachment 583037View attachment 583038View attachment 583039View attachment 583040

Thank you for this insight, if I ever find the book I’ll make sure to buy it. And the reason that in some of them the nazi official pictures are removed is because in Germany it was (or still is) illegal to show the swastika symbol in publications. So I can imagine that some owners elected to just remove those pictures entirely.

It helps if you can get an English copy as well as the German copy to learn the language. 15 years ago at school whilst learning German I read Mein Kampf, the German Bible and one or two hunting books to better my German. The one was “ Jagd unter Afrikas Sonne”, by Edelwald Hűttle.
I read Hüttel's book - it's a good one! He was a meat hunter / PH in old Central Africa (Cameroon and Oubangui-Shari). He wrote a second book, not about hunting but about the rituals and manners of different african tribes, titled "Geheimnisvolles Afrika".

huettl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qawsed

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?